Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Dec-2006, 00:10
500SD

H*nda owners' prepare to jump ship..!

Maybe Ducati knew what it was doing after all when styling the 1098. Looks like it's causing quite a stir with the VFR lads:

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/foru...ad.php?t=75072
Old 30-Dec-2006, 00:23
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Talking

[quote=weeveetwin]Maybe Ducati knew what it was doing after all when styling the 1098. Looks like it's causing quite a stir with the VFR lads:

[quote]

Behave yourself !!!!
Old 30-Dec-2006, 00:49
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Wink

God No a bike as reliable as white goods and with the charisma of roadkill
A Duc on the same level as VFR the'll be a lot of Duc owners on suicide watch if its that bland.
Old 30-Dec-2006, 01:04
500SD

Did I mention a RC30?
Thats like putting an SS600 and SP5 in the same league
Old 30-Dec-2006, 11:06
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
i put my 2p's worth in there.
did i hear RC30 mentioned - i have to say that if i was offered a new 1098 for a swop of my RC30 then its bye bye honda.
The RC is a fine bike, its fast, exciting, flatters you, looks and sounds great, but it has its faults too, oil needs to be kept an eye on, gets hot in traffic, ok its a pure race bike but to enjoy on the roads it can be a pain. but when right and on the right day its untouchable.
Its also priceless picking of superbikes at weekends who assume its just another NC30 - till around 70mph and it starts to fook off
Old 30-Dec-2006, 14:59
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm250
...did i hear RC30 mentioned - i have to say that if i was offered a new 1098 for a swop of my RC30 then its bye bye honda.

Ahh! But would you still be saying that two years down the road?

All I ever see written by ex-RC30 owners is: "Wish I'd kept my RC..!"
Old 30-Dec-2006, 16:25
500SD

I know, not 1 bike i wish i had kept in the past, but cant see me letting the RC30 go, but i really really do like the tricolour.
thing is the RC30 is worth around 10k and going up if used lightly and well maintained and looked after around 1k per year at the current rate. in 3 years i bet i could find someone willing to buy a new 1098 / 1198 and swop.

And all the people that wish they kept thier RC30's say that but not many stump up and buy another even at todays inflated prices
Old 31-Dec-2006, 15:28
Bikes: Yamaha R1 till Friday 3rd August the 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Excited
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeveetwin
Maybe Ducati knew what it was doing after all when styling the 1098. Looks like it's causing quite a stir with the VFR lads:

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/foru...ad.php?t=75072

And not just with the VFR lads

Blade owners are chopping them in too for the 1098
Old 01-Jan-2007, 00:28
500SD

[VFR750r (RC30) bland ? have a word !]
Ive ridden a mates VFR 800VT and yes it ticks all the boxes
its fast enough yes
its reliable yes
it tours yes
trackdays yes
but could you put your hand on your heart and say that when you walk into the garage all you want to do is stand and admire.
its a Mondeo of the bike world and the RC30 is a TVR
So when you walk out of your frontdoor is it TVR or Mondeo

crm250 dont sell the RC30 theres not many bikes that combine performance engineering and beauty in the same package few bikes ever get near all three.
If you feel the RC does,nt tick a box at the moment then theres plenty of cheep jap bhp out there just to remind you what you,d be missing if you sold it.
Old 01-Jan-2007, 21:24
500SD

888, i know what you mean, and each time i look at the RC i know how lucky i am to own one in my lifetime, its just rare to find time to enjoy it as you cant ride it on those hot summer days, and to ride in salted roads is a pain to clean after.
Other option is drain it dry and bring it in for a few years and forget about.
As for cheap jap bhp, i have a couple of NC30's and a new CBR600RR which i totaly despise, its fast alright but so so dull as a road bike, great on track i bet, but the lack of any kind of useable midrange make it hard work and lets just say the build quality certainly aint NC/RC standard thats for sure. The little NC30's are in my opinion a perfect road bike. bit lardy by todays standards but like the 916 carry thier weight well, go round corners and stop. performance is not exactly shattering up top, but will do over 130mph in the real world, and enough grunt to power past most cars / bikes without looking like your trying. in the right hands a real road weapon, and to the untrained eye a birds bike - i think its still one of the bike worlds finest bikes and a Honda 360 degree V4 sounds magical with a pipe on it