Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 16-Aug-2004, 01:44
500SD

Proof there is a God.. Croft catches the SUN!

BSB came to Croft this weekend - and the SUN SHONE! Waahey!! And the biggest crowd the circuit has ever witnessed (in my experience) soaked it up. What a great day! We're starved of this kind of event in NE England, so PLEASE (circuit owners/management - if any of you are reading this) try to make it a regular fixture.

Pity about Emmet eh? He's not having much luck at the mo. Credit to the guy who won both races tho - Rutter I think he was called. (He looks to be a good young prospect..!!)

Police/marshalls were brilliant. Never saw a SINGLE silly pull - and they gave bikes priority the whole time. They even encouraged filtering on't t'other side of double white lines/hatch markings! (Police/security patrolled the bike parks during the races too - see attachment).

Loads of Dukes - but where were the 888's? Only saw mine the whole day!

All in all - brilliant! Roll on the next big race meet here.
Old 16-Aug-2004, 12:02
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Yep,

A good day out, it took 45 mins to get into the circuit in a car and the car park staff couldn't have organised a P up in brewery so loads of people got parked in.

Excellent racing but the lack of atmosphere/crowd support was a bit of a surprise in the clervaux area where I watched from. Got out in 5 mins leaving after the 2nd superbike race.

Have to agree that the police did everything they could to be bike friendly, even to the extent of one of em riding a Fireblade. They still haven't got the style thing tho like the Froggies who ride in shirt sleaves (I suppose they NEVER fall off?) and can leave anything on the road for dead and wave bikers through red lights!! or the Italian police who ride Ducatis!!

Ray.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit