Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Apr-2014, 07:38
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

Cadwell Park Round 2

After a perfect start to the season at Brands, 3 out of 3, it was off to Cadwell for Easter .Early Friday morning while driving the last 40 odd miles to Cadwell the heater was on the sun was shining everything look great, a bit of a shock when we arrived it was bloody cold. At least it stayed dry for the test day even if it didn't warm up that much, got in some decent track time so well happy with progress.

Saturday and we're out for qualifying, same again dry but cold, everything was going to plan, got out first and got me head down, Chris Clarke came past but that didn't worry me he was much quicker. NO it's been red flagged an injured Badger on the circuit at Chris' as we make our way back round the track they've held everyone at the start line, NO I'm gonna be at the back. Managed to find a gap and pushed my way through to the front, good move as I again got out with the leading pack and put in a time that saw me on the front row along side Chris and Dallas.

Race 1, the track was dry the sun was shining all I needed was a good start and I got it right up to when I hit neutral going from 1st to 2nd then it felt like everybody came past well over to plan B. I tucked in behind Andy Blomfield for the race and waited for the last lap flag stalking my prey like an expert hunter Andy went in a little too early into the goose neck lost a bit of drive and I pounced down into Mansfield, all I needed to do was to hold him off to the line. Unfortunately Andy had been strong all race through Barn and as we crossed the line he was there right beside me, neither of knew who won and the timing sheet couldn't tell us either as we were both given the same time. Cue the banter, rule books were waved around and thrown away eventually I got the nod on a photo finish by about 1/2 a tyre, now that's close.

Sunday started with rain so race 2 was on a damp track with a partial dry line, Dallas and Chris didn't want to play in the wet so I was on the front row by myself, a good start saw me 3rd at the end of lap one, it's difficult holding off the class A boys with their extra power on the run up to Charlies then down Park straight, but this will do, stick with them and I should be okay. After a little mix up with the pit signals thinking everything was okay I got overtaken by Jim Brian who was reading the grip levels better. With the pair of us stuck behind Ghostie I decided to sit behind and wait for the last lap flag, but it was never shown they put the checuered flag out and the race was over, 2nd, gutted :-(. Congrats to Jim on his first win though and great to do it in front of so many family and friends.

By the time we went out for race 3 the sun was nearly out and the track was dry, the front row had a full compliment, l knew I needed to nail the start. I got a brilliant launch followed by managing to hook second, I'm in the mix, right plan A stick with the quick boys and let them drag me away from the clutches of Andy and Jim. Everything worked a treat and I beat the next class B bike by 30 seconds, another win.

Two 1st places and a 2nd and increased my lead in the championship another great weekend roll on Pembrey.
Old 21-Apr-2014, 11:45
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Nice write up Andy, just finished doing the Championship tables so will post them up in the next minute or so

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 21-Apr-2014, 17:10
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Well done fella, you smashed race 3!

Results talk for themselves.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50