Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Sep-2006, 14:00
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski

I just think it's a bit unfair to have the general membership 'voting' on things that only affect the racers, like "Which person should run the series?" or "How many rounds should there be?" etc etc

I also get the impression that some members think that DD is laid on for us for free, and they get the hump coz some of us complain sometimes. Perhaps something can be published to clear that up? It's cost me over £3500 (of Domski money) this season and I've not had to buy a bike AND I have good sponsorship too! Some people have spent £10,000+

This isn't a DSC jolly.

agree on both those counts dom.........
Old 25-Sep-2006, 14:01
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougducati
I think a couple of hundred quid was used early September!!!!

I bet theres more DSC..ers do track days than race in this series. Why cant that money be put towards an even cheaper club track day?
Old 25-Sep-2006, 14:02
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"I also get the impression that some members think that DD is laid on for us for free, and they get the hump coz some of us complain sometimes. Perhaps something can be published to clear that up? It's cost me over £3500 (of Domski money) this season and I've not had to buy a bike AND I have good sponsorship too! Some people have spent £10,000+

This isn't a DSC jolly."

You are right Dom-it isn't a jolly it's racing, and would have cost you the same whatever class you were racing in. By the same token the DD series has since it started cost me loads of money-for a start it cost's me £50 in diesel every time I go to any of the tracks apart from Snett (which is nearer). You at least get the joy(?) of racing-I'm not sure what 'personal gain' I or any of the other people who have helped run this series from the start are supposed to have made??

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 25-Sep-2006, 14:03
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix n max
I suggest Nick wears a dress for the entire Cadwell Meeting when not on the track
Gets a bit "samey" when it happens too often tho Lin
Old 25-Sep-2006, 14:04
Ducati Meccanica

[quote=psychlist][quote=phoenix n max]I suggest Nick wears a dress for the entire Cadwell Meeting when not on the track
Quote:
Gets a bit "samey" when it happens too often tho Lin

Yeah but I've always missed it
Old 25-Sep-2006, 14:06
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougducati
I think a couple of hundred quid was used early September!!!!

For what?
Old 25-Sep-2006, 14:07
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlist
For what?

the DUK truck..........................
Old 25-Sep-2006, 14:12
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski

Does anyone know how much of the club funds are actually used for DD?

I also get the impression that some members think that DD is laid on for us for free, and they get the hump coz some of us complain sometimes. Perhaps something can be published to clear that up? It's cost me over £3500 (of Domski money) this season and I've not had to buy a bike AND I have good sponsorship too! Some people have spent £10,000+

This isn't a DSC jolly.

There were about £1000 in set up costs initially IIRC, the figure was in the accounts presented at the last AGM and posted out to all member afterwards, not a lot in to get things off the ground IMHO.

Ongoing costs are covered by the registration fee???

Not everything boils down to ££££, the biggest wallet shouldn't prevail at this level, Money doesn't talk unless you are Bernie E.

The series was set up to be a two way thing, the club got a new facet for the members, be they racers, spectators, etc, the racers/competitors got a reasonably cheap way to move onwards and upwards from track days.

The governance of the series needs a link to club and or MT to ensure that is not lost sight of.

Ray.
Old 25-Sep-2006, 14:12
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
the DUK truck..........................

Where was that then?
Old 25-Sep-2006, 14:14
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
"I also get the impression that some members think that DD is laid on for us for free, and they get the hump coz some of us complain sometimes. Perhaps something can be published to clear that up? It's cost me over £3500 (of Domski money) this season and I've not had to buy a bike AND I have good sponsorship too! Some people have spent £10,000+

This isn't a DSC jolly."

You are right Dom-it isn't a jolly it's racing, and would have cost you the same whatever class you were racing in. By the same token the DD series has since it started cost me loads of money-for a start it cost's me £50 in diesel every time I go to any of the tracks apart from Snett (which is nearer). You at least get the joy(?) of racing-I'm not sure what 'personal gain' I or any of the other people who have helped run this series from the start are supposed to have made??

John

You've misunderstood my point I think John.

What I am saying is...

Some DSC members appear to be under the impression that DD is free.