Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 09-Oct-2005, 22:06
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Silly season, poor JT (possible spoiler in discussion)

This really looks to be the silly season of all silly seasons!

It looks like MotoGP has a knock on with who gets what ride in WSBK and BSB, - and even AMA!

If Vermulen takes the Bayliss ride does Bayliss come back to WSBK taking JT's ride? Ducati say that they want to keep JT but in AMA, or perhaps BSB. Ten Kate have said that they would sign JT in place of Vermulen, - And then where does Lavilla fit in? He wants to go back to WSBK, - no room at Ducati or is there?

So Tardozzi wants Bayliss and Lanzi, - and by the look of it Lavilla and Laconni if TB does not sign, - all a bit of a mess really but one thing looks certain; poor JT is out on his ear. So did JT do anything wrong? Best Ducati finisher, 4th in the championship is not exactly a disaster. Has JT not proved that he can battle with the best of them? Is he not a Ducati prodigy? OK I can understand a loyality to a youung Italian but should not Lanzi come in in the way BBoz did as a third man in the team? Some interesting comments on Sky Sports today from Neil Hodgson.
Old 10-Oct-2005, 11:07
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
I reckon Bayliss and Lavilla will be GSE in WSB. Factory Ducati will be Lanzi and Laconi. GSE BSB Haslam and Toseland.
Old 11-Oct-2005, 16:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Just watched the WSB coverage last night. JT was toughing it out with others without giving an inch, he seemed well chuffed with the result in the first race. Give him a decent bike and he'll be on the pace.

USA and UK are important markets for Ducati, maybe not as important as Italy but they like to have success linked to those two countries one way or another, be it riders or in the domestic championships.

Lanzi does seem to be a bit of a star and being a local boy Ducati seem to want to look after him.

It's a fickle business for the riders, look whats happened to B Boz, he won five races on the trot a few years ago and looked like he was a new star, fizzled out a short time later with Ducati and has struggled since.

Ray
Old 11-Oct-2005, 19:56
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
I know i may upset some , but i think ducati are right if they drop him out of the main squad. He's been testing and racing dukes a long time now. But he should have done a lot better this year, How can a reigning world champion keep his job if a stand-in can whip his arse? As Foggy said "the easy thing is winning the chapionship, the hard bit is retaining it". I don't think laconi should keep a top spot either. Lets see some more of the new blood getting a chance.
As for the "Stalker" he gives 110% whatever the bike, and you can see it in the racing and the results. He surely should get a top factory ride given the total commitment he gives on the day.
Old 12-Oct-2005, 07:52
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Couldn't agree with you more about Stalker - always giving a 110% even when he's injured - must be the unluckiest rider on the grid. I do think that he rides an IL4 better than a twin so how about Ten Kate?
Old 12-Oct-2005, 17:48
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Do you not think that Walkers bad luck is what makes him ride at 110%, - great rider but not sure that he has made the best career decisions. Something about making your own luck also springs to mind.

I think the JT thing is that his face does not quite fit, - the early season problems were certainly bike not rider, since the bike (traction control) has been sorted the guy has done very well, - elbow to elbow with Haga, not many would mix it up with him.

He has run better than Laconni for the second year running, - remember the face of Tardozzi at Magny Cors last year when JT got the championship?

Lanzi's bike this weekend suddenly seemed to have traction control, - a factor spec not a private team one....

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit