Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:17
888 at Last !!!

Moto Gp

What are the new rules in moto gp, for a race that is already underway and it turns into a wet weather race.
Do they pull in to the pits and change tyres. Or is the rider allowed to use the spare bike, that may have been set up for a wet weather setting.

Clint.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:20
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by clint
What are the new rules in moto gp, for a race that is already underway and it turns into a wet weather race.
Do they pull in to the pits and change tyres. Or is the rider allowed to use the spare bike, that may have been set up for a wet weather setting.

Clint.

I don't think they're allowed to change bikes, that changes the fuel ratio and allows them to make chassis changes etc.

Not sure about the other rules. It will be interesting to see how the F1 changes turn out. Especially tyres having to last the whole race.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:24
888 at Last !!!

Pit stops in moto gp sure is going to be interesting. But at the end of the day it's to keep the tv channels happy.

Clint.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:25
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Think they're allowed to come into the pits and change tyres if they so desire, I would assume that this would cause problems with discs though as they use steel not carbon in the wet, so surely different pads?

And suspension, torque curves, engine characteristics would also need to change but this could be done electronically I guess

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit