Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 23-Jun-2009, 13:50
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Thumbs up MDS Batteries

After seeing the sidebar ad for MDS Batteries, I placed an order over the weekend for a new battery for my ST (or 888 - same battery type).

The last time I ordered a battery on-line, from a very well known supplier, I got just that - a battery, shipped dry. I then had to run around looking for a friendly local battery fitters to fill it up with battery acid (you would be surprised at how many people no longer keep battery acid because it's hazardous, or how many grumpy folks there are who won't fill a battery that you didn't purchase from them), anyway...eventually found someone who filled it for an extra fiver.

From MDS I got a really well packaged parcel, stuffed with enough polystyrene to protect it from the couriers worst destruction attempts. Inside was a battery in it's own unopened OEM packaging (more protection inside that) and...it came with a sealed container containing the battery acid, all the fittings for my bike and everything I need to just fit it without having to run round the houses first, all for the same cost as the previous supplier.

It's only the small things that count, but I'm chuffed with the service

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 23-Jun-2009, 14:59
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Second that.

Craig
Old 23-Jun-2009, 15:47
GTL
Bikes: Ducati 888, Suzuki RG500, Triumph Preunit

Mood: On the up
Technically its illegal to ship battery acid in the post because of the hazard but the battery packs are well sealed so I think companies are getting happier to take the risk. Certainly a few years back it was almost impossible to get an acid pack via the post. The last battery I got off eBay also came with an acid pack.

Keith
Old 23-Jun-2009, 16:15
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith888
Technically its illegal to ship battery acid in the post because of the hazard but the battery packs are well sealed so I think companies are getting happier to take the risk. Certainly a few years back it was almost impossible to get an acid pack via the post. The last battery I got off eBay also came with an acid pack.

Keith

Does that go for couriers as well?

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 23-Jun-2009, 16:31
GTL
Bikes: Ducati 888, Suzuki RG500, Triumph Preunit

Mood: On the up
Depends on if the courier knows what it is :-) We have to ship all sorts of nasties at work and the paperwork can be a nightmare! Makes sense if it all goes wrong but a welded up plastic container is unlikely to leak except in a really bad smash!

Keith

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit