Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 11-Oct-2004, 16:57
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Bayliss - A sad, sad day if it\'s true

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/motogp/13353/

Look at the 2nd to last paragraph, I think
Old 11-Oct-2004, 17:04
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Old 11-Oct-2004, 17:22
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Oh bugger. Perhaps we will see him in WSB or BSB then next year?
Old 11-Oct-2004, 17:23
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
In fact if I read the next paragraph on I would have seen an answer to that question....
Old 11-Oct-2004, 17:23
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
no suprise really lets be honest. He was poor comapred to his teammate and only fractioanlly better than Xaus.

Agreed...on the face of it, but there's usually more to any story than what appears on the surface.

Let's face it, Ducati's season has been poor. The whole team, not just Bayliss. They have simply not lived up to the promise of their 2003 rookie year in MotoGP - although that first year was unbelievably successful for a first season and probably set up some unrealistic expectations. The fact remains though that the 2004 Desmosedici has not proven to be a competitive package.

So what happens when the pressure to succeed starts to get to the team. Who do you think is going to be the Schumacher and get first dibs on the very best the team has to offer? The plain speaking Aussie? or the Italian that understands the culture, and the subtle nods and winks that go with getting the best out of an Italian team.

You want an example? I was European Training Development manager in my company a few years ago. I speak just enough French to get by, but the subtleties of managing a team which included 3 or 4 French people completely eluded me. I asked one of them for feedback on one of their colleagues and was told "Oh he does a terrific job". That's what I heard. What was meant was that he was useless. Try saying the same sentence in English, the first time say it in a genuine way, then try it again in a tone loaded with irony and sarcasm. Then ask yourself how fluent you'd have to be in a language before you picked up on that. Then ask yourself how fluent you would have to be in language and culture before you could be as influential as an Italian in an Italian team.
Old 11-Oct-2004, 17:28
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
MCN have John Hopkins replacing Troy
Old 11-Oct-2004, 17:29
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
might be a factor: might not.......................................

bayliss was the only ducati rider who couldn't be arsed to turn up to the ducati sporting club 'meet the riders' evening at donington.

maybe the ducati hieracy look ALOT more closely at our activties.

p.s if they do......i think they're great and i am available for bsb,wsb or motogp next year. contact details available on site. ta.
Old 11-Oct-2004, 18:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
I think Troy did himself no favours with the Ducati Corse boys when he was seen as loosing the WSBK World championship (remember the rain at Assen) in 2002. He came into the Moto GP squad on the pretence of being a World Champion (he was signed before season end) so on World Champs wages, TB is not cheap these days, - and I think Ducati Corse have likely stretched themselves thin this year running MotoGP, WSBK, World Supersport and giving a lot of help to domestic BSB and AMA. Something has to give, and as Ducati Corse is a separate company (like HRC is) they are accountable to their parent company in a slightly different way. I do not think Troy is out of a job with Ducati, - I think he just might be out of a MotoGP factory ride with them.

Troy has a lot of fire in his belly and gives 100% but there are other young guns who will do the same job for less $.

I would not be surprised if nationality has some part to play in the process (Australia produces some of the best riders in the world why the hell can't Fosters put their hands in their pockets to back it up???) but I think it would be a minor part. Loris has done better this year than Troy.
Old 11-Oct-2004, 21:12
BSB Star

Writing has been on the wall for a while. I think the falling out with his team boss has not helped. It will do Troy a world of good being on a bike which can win. But i do hope it's WSB and not BSB. And also, it will give WSB more credit that it deserves. But, i feel the bike was more at fault than the rider, if a rider does not have the confidence in his machine, he won't suceed.

And to call Hodgson a tail end charlie is harsh. When you can win a BSB and WSB title, then knock him. You might as well call Toseland a worthless champion as well. As i said about Bayliss, I think it's more to do with the bike than anything, and injury has not helped the cause.

I do agree tho, Xaus has raised his game, but has not been consitant enough.

Lets hope he has 2 geat last races this year. Of all the riders I have met (Chelsea and WDW) is was the best, sat down on the last Saturday night and had a chat and beer with me and Shazz, he remembered meeting me several times at open days, nec... He did ask joking if i was his stalker, i asked for a paddock pass and we'll see!
Old 11-Oct-2004, 22:30
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Not sure you think this is such a disaster. Riders move all the time. Plus, he knew the risks before he went to MotoGP. In reality, it does seem to be big step up gauging by other ex-WSB riders recently and their relative struggles. On the other hand, you've got guys like McCoy whose done the reverse and also hasn't shone this year. So, who knows.

It will probably not be the easiest thing for him to get another MotoGP ride. There are a lot of hungry, younger riders looking to move up. Similar career span to football. You know it going in.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit