Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Nov-2004, 07:21
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

Rushjob, cheers for the info. Exactly what I needed, particularly the 140+ data! Looks like you do some track days on yours, but I can't tell if it is a ST4 or 2. I have heard above and elsewhere that they do well on the track. Very few track days here, but I found new respect for my SS after a couple of runs (especially after pulling past folks out of a 90 degree right hander onto the main straight.) No one believed it was a 750.
Old 10-Nov-2004, 15:26
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Mines a 4S
Old 11-Nov-2004, 02:10
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

Looks to be full stock. OEM tires as well? Great photo! Looks like fun on the track, but how does it do in traffic. We have some wonderful traffic in Tokyo that helps to breed amazing riders! My 750SS is sharp off the mark, with no off-idle stumble. I have heard the ST4 suffers from that.
Old 11-Nov-2004, 09:44
Ducati Corse

I think perhaps it depends how well set up the bike is. Mine certainly doesnt have any flat spots and revs cleanly right round to the limiter.
Old 11-Nov-2004, 10:51
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Stock......err no.
Tyres are Pirelli Diablos.
Silmoto carbon fibre exhausts, it has a TFI techlusion fuel injection gizmo, Braking Wave fully floating front discs with Brembo 4 pad monobloc calipers, rear Braking Wave disc & a lightened flywheel.
It's ok in heavy traffic but it's great as soon as you get out of town.
Certainly no stumbling to be found...as Paul says, smooth power all the way to the limiter...
Old 11-Nov-2004, 11:04
500SD
Bikes: Diavel

Quote:
Stock......err no.
Tyres are Pirelli Diablos.
Silmoto carbon fibre exhausts, it has a TFI techlusion fuel injection gizmo, Braking Wave fully floating front discs with Brembo 4 pad monobloc calipers, rear Braking Wave disc & a lightened flywheel.
It's ok in heavy traffic but it's great as soon as you get out of town.
Certainly no stumbling to be found...as Paul says, smooth power all the way to the limiter...

but be careful trying to follow RJ's example without a 'get out of jail free card'
Old 11-Nov-2004, 21:42
Montjuic

So.. I've done about 600 miles on the ST2 in the few days that I've had her.. that includes a blast up the 'mad mile' near Croydon where I hit 100 with a friend on the back too! It is an amazing bike..! I'm still a bit nervous at slow speed around town but am getting more used to balancing the revs and clutch.. but.. my god, when you open her up she just takes takes off... and what a sound!! I bet people can hear me in Belgium..!!

Anyway.. enough ramblings... mine has had the 14 tooth sprocket amendment.. just wondered whether this requires any adjustment/recalibration of the speedo? There have been occasions, mostly at higher speeds, when I've wondered whether the speedo is reading correctly...

Thanks guys, again, for the support and encouragement about getting this bike.. it is fantastic! Is the ST4 really worth twice the price? Surely not.............??

Oh.. some f*ckwit pinched my tax disc!!
Old 11-Nov-2004, 21:54
Ducati Corse

Nope, the speedo runs off the front wheel so gearing changes dont affect it.

They often read funny at the upper end of the speed range though.

I dont think the ST4 is that much more, the ST4S is becasue they are generally newer bikes. My 1999 ST4 was about £3200 when i got it two years ago.

Glad you like the bike though!

[Edited on 11-11-2004 by rockhopper]
Old 25-Nov-2004, 23:13
Montjuic

I f*cking LOVE my ST2!!

Just wanted to share this with you like-minded people who gave me the encouragement to buy her in the first place. It is an awesome bike and is every bit as good and practical as I thought it would be.

Very easy to ride, comfortable, surprisingly economical, great fun with instant power delivery and what a sound!! It attracts a lot of attention in the staff car park and I now feel like a 'real biker'.

Thank you everyone for your much needed and welcomed advice.. I can't wait for the Spring to arrive and the many ride-outs that I shall join. Especially looking forward to doing the May Day ride from Locksbottom to Hastings....

One question.. why doesn't everyone have one?? Surely everyone should have a Ducati?!?!

cheers,

Dunks
Old 26-Nov-2004, 01:08
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Dunks
I f*cking LOVE my ST2!!

Just wanted to share this with you like-minded people who gave me the encouragement to buy her in the first place. It is an awesome bike and is every bit as good and practical as I thought it would be.

Very easy to ride, comfortable, surprisingly economical, great fun with instant power delivery and what a sound!! It attracts a lot of attention in the staff car park and I now feel like a 'real biker'.

Thank you everyone for your much needed and welcomed advice.. I can't wait for the Spring to arrive and the many ride-outs that I shall join. Especially looking forward to doing the May Day ride from Locksbottom to Hastings....

One question.. why doesn't everyone have one?? Surely everyone should have a Ducati?!?!

cheers,

Dunks

I'm glad you're enjoying it mate. I love mine too!