Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 25-Oct-2003, 10:58
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Mallory Tomorrow-Sun 26th Oct

Anybody else coming along to Mallory tomorrow to watch fellow DSC member Garry Smith race his 748R, hoping for a nice dry sunny day so Garry can improve on his personal best and get around in the 56 second bracket (NO pressure Garry) or quicker.
Old 25-Oct-2003, 17:47
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
try to make it..

but may be on home chores duty now

If I make it, I'll call you.

Paul
Old 25-Oct-2003, 20:37
MotoGP God

Ok Paul still not certain what time I will get there, but as the clocks change overnight it should be earlier than I originally thought.
Kev
Old 30-Oct-2003, 23:46
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Well'! you going to let us know how you got on.

Jon
Old 31-Oct-2003, 00:11
MotoGP God

Jon I was hoping Garry would give a bit of a report. As for myself I had a great time floating around the paddock, did get a bit fed up with everybody asking me why I wasn't racing, basically out of money and the engine needs a good going over. Couldn't believe Les Linely was out there racing his 996SPS after breaking his collarbone practing there on the Wednesday prior to the meeting, certainly didn't look comfortable on the bike. Not sure what happened to Chris Mitchard on his 996 in his last race, the lights went green then I saw him cartwheeling down the starting grid, at least he and his bike looked to be OK.
I think Garry was a bit dissapointed with his results and lap times, always taking a little while to get going and then leaving himself to much to do. His last race was probably his best, made a fairly good get away from the 5th row of the grid and then slowly worked his way up the race order, finishing 7th I think. The race before I was watching from above the bus stop chicane and from this vantage point you could see he was getting held up by riders in front from the entry to the hairpin to the top of the Devils Elbow, then the more powerful bikes would pull away from his 748, he would close the gap around Gerards then lose distance down the Stebe Strait aging closing the gap through Edwinas just to loose out on the drag to the hairpin, giving him little chance of getting under them on the brakes. he was lapping a couple of seconds slower than what he does in practice as he just couldn't get into a decent flow like you do in practice.
Pic below has Garry at the back of the que

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit