Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Mar-2005, 11:42
Mille

Ohlins / 916 forks on Monster?

My bike is in bits at the moment but is slowly coming together but looking to see if anyone has the Ohlins Radial set-up with clip-ons? On the box, they are marked up as 916 forks but as I don't have them in front of me so have no idea what diameter clip-ons will fit.

Does anyone know what the diameter of the Ohlins S4R forks are - they are definitely larger as a new top and bottom yoke is included. Can I just use 916 clip ons or do I need to adapt some S4R specific jobbies? The other potential fly in the ointment is the use of the DP top mounted steering damper which I believe uses part of the handlebar mount - anyone shed any light on how this all fits together?

Ideally, looking for someone who has got a S4R with DP Ohlins Radial set-up with the DP steering damper and clip-ons? Spareshack has pointed me in the direction of some Cyclecat 916 adjustable clip-ons but still not convinced that will work. Obviously, it will be a lot easier to try a few varieties when the bike is closer to being back together but would like to know if anyone has done this - pics, links please.

Best regards

simon