Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 18-May-2004, 22:58
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Wow Felix,

You hero mate.

You must be absolutely ecstatic with that result and lap time. Well done.......really miffed I couldn't get there to watch....

Glad to hear the bike was unscathed both physically and mechanically. I had nightmares about it ending in orange bib carnage!!!!!

Whens the champers getting popped? Count me in...

See you soon.

Gc
Old 18-May-2004, 23:04
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Nice work Felix - great write up
Tim
Old 19-May-2004, 00:42
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Cheers, guys for all the kudos. It'll provide great incentive to keep going.

Looking ahead, possible dates are:

ROUND 9 SAT JULY 10th CROFT
ROUND 10 SUN JULY 11th CROFT

ROUND 11 SAT 7th AUG CADWELL PARK FULL CIRCUIT
ROUND 12 SUN 8th AUG CADWELL PARK FULL CIRCUIT

ROUND 13 SUN AUG 22 MALLORY PARK

ROUND 14 SAT SEPT 25th OULTON PARK

ROUND 15 SUN OCT 3rd DONINGTON PARK

I won't anywhere near all of them, but would like to do Croft and Donington, at least. Don't know about Oulton after my crash there last year and on my first visit to that circuit. Certainly wouldn't do it without a track day there first. So, will likely give that a miss.

All these dates are with Derby-Phoenix. See you there!

P.S.: If you ever even remotely thought about giving racing a try, then DO IT!!! When you cross that finish line for the first time, it's like you entered a whole new world! Even if you only ever finish one race, you'll forever be able to say that you've done it. It's an accomplishment that is easy to underestimate.
Old 19-May-2004, 02:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Maybe able to make it to Mallory to watch if you're doing it, depends on how I feel after doing Castle Combe thr day before with New Era.

Excellent going at Cadwell, as usuall with racing lots of highs and also a few Lows, but get the right ratio and its hard to beat the feeling it gives. Isn't it is amazing how physically clapped out you feel for such a short amount of time on the bike.
Old 26-May-2004, 00:37
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Fantastic Felix....after all those emails over the winter, it's finally happenned...well done mate....awesome feeling isn't it...I still get a huge buzz from it. I bet you're still on a high even now.

Monty and I were at Cadwell at the weekend with New Era. I'm gradually improving but still way off the pace on the wee beastie (TZ250). I managed my best ever time of 1.44, which in old money pre chicane is a 1.39 which has been an ambition of mine for the past two years....next target is to do 1.39 on the new circuit, which is a lot to take off I appreciate, but I know where I can gain loads of time...just need the balls to enter corners as fast as everyone else...when you're used to the 748 or CB5...the wee beastie corners on rails, so I just need to trust her a bit more. Monty has had her painted and she looks beautiful.

Anyway, I'm really chuffed for you Felix....I'm guessing that's you hooked then

WeeJohnyB

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit