Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Mar-2005, 16:58
Big Twin

An '04 749?
Old 23-Mar-2005, 17:07
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
having had some defective parts replaced on both my present & also my last bike, I am full of praise for my dealer.
They collected the bike for me & also returned it to me, as I couldnt afford to take time off work.

Only downside was NO loan bike for longer than 1 day.

Maybe Ducati UK should assess the longer term view of the 'customer care' side of things, and at least provide a low spec model for customers who may/will be without their bike whilst a warranty problem is rectified.

C, thinking about changing her role to customer care
Peter/Iain - hope you are listening to these lads

edited: contact Peter Brooking, head of aftersales (nice bloke) at Ducati UK - or his colleague Iain Rhodes:
Avebury House, 201-249, Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK9 1AU Tel: 0845 1222996

[Edited on 23-3-2005 by CK and AK]
Old 23-Mar-2005, 17:08
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Alan - I've just seen your new mood
made me chuckle anyway, nice one.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 17:14
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Ducati Manchester have a bunch of demo bikes available but they can't be used as courtesy bikes. I've asked before when my bike has gone in for a service/setup. It's very frustrating.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 17:20
Big Twin

I am really really trying to take a pragmatic approach to this, but seeing as the bike is, for me, a major investment then obviously my emotions do get the better of me once in a while.
At one stage I had even thought of cutting my losses and trading in for a honda blade, but it's the soul of the duke that makes me stick at it.
I even mused about making a statement with the bike and having it blown up on some men and motors type prog, just to try and get a point across.
There is no emoticon for my current mood.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 17:33
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
lets not forget though, even Honda are far from perfect

you know the Honda -

that took 30 years to figure out how to make a camchain tensioner work or that chocolate wasn't the best material for camshafts on the first VFs.
plus big ends on CXs
cranks on CBX 750s
valve gear on CBX 1000s
early 'blade exhausts that paint flaked off almost imediately

and the Honda that still puts rubber brake hoses on it's sports bikes.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 18:26

My bike has just had its 12 month service and the dealer said my fromt brakes were binding on slightly, so took the pads out and applied copperslip grease to the back of them, and the pin and the clip. I hadnt noticed them binding on but did get some brake judder on the way home from the service so I took the pads out and cleaned off what I though was excess copperslip (a tiny amount had gone on the braking material.) Ive been out on the bike and they seem fine now but why did the dealer look at them in the first place. was he just being good at his job or did he know something we dont ? The spaces for the pads do seem to hold the dust !
Old 23-Mar-2005, 18:33
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Could be a coincidence I guess? I've only done 1600 miles on my bike from new, so I'd be surprised if my brakes were binding due to the volume of brake dust being trapped somewhere. On your evidence, it sounds like a poor design if brake dust can cause binding problems
Old 23-Mar-2005, 18:35
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
I was recently told that Ducati Manchester no longer do test rides or courtesy bikes full stop!

I believe they had a bike nicked last year, but surely you should let people test a bike? They used to charge 20 quid a go but at least you could.

My mate has had two bikes from them so far, gets all his servicing etc done there and buys aftermarket bits and bobs such as jackets etc and they still wouldn't let him test ride a bike that he actually wanted to buy!
Old 23-Mar-2005, 18:35
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan

I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow afternoon for an update, where I'm expecting an answer.

Twin fan why should you call them (I know the answer) but they should be doing all the chasing daily and keeping you informed. You gave over a load of your hard earned to them the supplier you now as the customer should be treated better.

Personally on recent experience the apathy stems from MK down to the dealers. I paid for a termi exhaust 6 months ago, in december Im told dealer has it. Turns out when I want it fitted they never had it. Termignoni haven't even made the cpu yet as there are problems, dealer can't tell me anything.
Me (not dealer) rings Ducati UK ask to speak to Georgina who deals with parts etc, left my number 4 times, no call back. Eventually 5th time lucky, she doesn't know will call me back.
Nothing.
Fire of email and letter to MD of Ducati UK about all the issues and Georgina not ringing back, suggested if she had no news why not just ring and say so - GOOD SERVICE?
No reply. Biut I know she has a meeting at Dealers next day but not connected.
Two days later dealer rings, now remember this part isn't apparently made or avaliable anywhere - pick your bike up next week Ducati UK are trying to get the part in time etc etc.

Point is, if they value my custom why not respect my custom? Its not a perfect world shite happens but keep us informed and most of the anger / frustration etc is diluted.

Sorry, rant over.