Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Oct-2011, 22:36

New Streetfighter Owner

Last week I traded in my 04 Aprilia RSV1000R for a 6 month old Streetfighter and am loving it! What a great bike. Amazed there is so little on the forum though and it is spelt wrong as well. Bit disappointing.
Old 04-Oct-2011, 00:53
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Well spotted, I posted in there recently about the release of the 848 version and didn't even notice it was spelt incorrectly
maybe there will be a few more posting in the STREETFIGHTER section once the 848 SF is available in the dealers.
I find my 1100 Monster hard work when its near its max speed hate to thing what its like when your on a Streetighter travelling at its top speed, aerodynamic helmet required I presume

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 04-Oct-2011, 08:39
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
ask Roy - he'd know

welcome back
Old 04-Oct-2011, 11:54
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
So what made you get rid of the RSV for the Streetfighter? Just fancied a change, another Ducati, or wanted a more "naked" street bike?

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 04-Oct-2011, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
So what made you get rid of the RSV for the Streetfighter? Just fancied a change, another Ducati, or wanted a more "naked" street bike?

Was getting very tired of the sporty riding position so started looking at something a bit more upright that still looked good. Started looking at the Honda CB1000R and found a well priced 2011 bike at £7000 that I almost went for. Thought about dipping well into the savings for a heavily reduced MV Brutale 910R but when I went for a look the last one had sold. Started looking at the 1078R then but saw Ducati Aylesbury had a 2011 Streetfighter for £9500. When I saw the bike at the NEC in 2008 I thought it looked awesome so I gave them a ring and they offered me £3000 for the RSV which was £500 more than I was offered against the Honda. Just had to be the Duke in the end!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSF.jpg (85.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 09-Oct-2011, 15:39

Been spending a few pennies. DP carbon fender, hugger and exhaust shield and an Evotech tail tidy. Also Mivv carbon cans on the way. Looking forward to hearing the bike with them on. Not many Streetfighter owners seem to be shopping on ebay I'm getting some real bargains!
Old 26-Oct-2011, 18:24

[IMG][/IMG]
Got some Mivv cans now and a K&N air filter. Anyone tell me if I need a chip for the ECU or will the electrickery work it out for itself?

Last edited by Yellowduke : 07-Jan-2012 at 18:45.
Old 28-Dec-2011, 21:54

Splurged out on some R&G kit so now all crash bunged up and protective grills for the rad and oil cooler. Fitted the Evotech tail tidy at last but need to put the number plate on tomorrow and see if I can find a small red reflector somewhere. Have a Ventura rack and luggage now and did a test fit yesterday to make sure the tail tidy won't block the rack. Just need to loosen the indicators to fit the rack which isn't a problem.
Still need to clean the Mivv cans and fit them and I have a DP clutch pressure plate and a nice open cover to go on as well. K&N filter is in already.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Yellowduke : 09-Jan-2012 at 23:11.
Old 09-Jan-2012, 23:15

Another pic showing the Mivv cans, Evotech tail tidy and new seat cover.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-Jan-2012, 23:36
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Nice looking bike.