Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 10-Aug-2006, 21:59
Montjuic

Mood: Updating The Formula!
Angry How long have you been waiting??

Is it just my luck or do Ducati recently (ie the last year) seem to be very very poor at the supply of their spare parts , be it oem or otherwise.

Seems things are taking 6 or 7 weeks to arrive , even longer in some cases, again be it a part applicable to many of the models or something less common from an RS.

Frankly im fed up of this but would just like to know if anybody else is encountering the same problems??

Out of Patience

Gav
Old 10-Aug-2006, 22:05
GTL

What specific parts have you had to wait for and where from-perhaps its your supplier that is the problem and it might be worth shopping around
Old 10-Aug-2006, 22:09
Montjuic

Mood: Updating The Formula!
Bolds

Should have said from any of the official Ducati outlets. I use Ducati Glasgow quite a bit , amongst others and I know it is not because of them.

Gav
Old 10-Aug-2006, 22:15
Shandy

Yeah i've experienced some delays ordering stuff, but then again i've waited longer for parts on a renault car. Its just the way the world seems to be going these days, no one keeps stock it's all done to order.

I've just stuck my foot in it again with something on order for my monster that i've been thinking about for a while, i forgot Italy shuts for August, damn an even longer delivery!

Shandy
Old 10-Aug-2006, 22:26
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav748sp
Bolds

Should have said from any of the official Ducati outlets. I use Ducati Glasgow quite a bit , amongst others and I know it is not because of them.

Gav

Just wondered what the specific things you ordered were as maybe they were unusual as i had to order various MTS bits inc bodywork a couple of weeks back and all parts came within 2 days from Italy with no items not supplied -Ducati Coventry-
Old 10-Aug-2006, 22:44
500SD

Parts supply isnt Ducatis strong point,waited weeks myself.But Ducati Coventry/JHP have been very helpful and quick with some 888 parts.
Old 10-Aug-2006, 22:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
gav August is not the month to be expecting Ducati parts if they have to come from the factory. Italy closses for August. As has been said if the parts are in the UK it is worth ringing 'round. Pro Twins in Surrey are another dealer who are very good at keeping spares on the shelf.
Old 10-Aug-2006, 22:57
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Depends on what bits you need in my experience and the luck of the drawer. Whats in stock at the dealer, then Bologna, then how long it takes the supplier to make some if you are really out of luck.

For stuff where you might expect a wait like OEM carbon panels sometimes and few days, but on one occasion three or four months.

Ray.