Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:50
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Paul (psychlist) as you have made an accusation of me I will answer it. I have not at any time asked a member of the webteam to look at your messages. I think that you will acknowledge that when I have a question of you I will ask it in public (or using the MT section of this board).

Lily I cannot answer your question I am afraid as I have not been on the webteam since we have been using the new software, - sorry I was trying to be helpful in relation to what I as a member of the MT have seen. As I have not asked the webteam before if they can look at somebody’s PM’s I do not know what the outcome of doing so would be.

It is probably best that Eamonn answers the specifics on this new board, - and I am sure that he can answer the question on data protection, - I have an understanding of it as it has been discussed within MT meetings and basically there is no infringement of the data protection act as despite misconceptions anything posted here antyhing posted is the property of the DSC, as is the case of all messageboards; somebody owns them.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:08
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushy
I know I am not a paid up member - but if I was I would be calling for the MT/Web Moderator to be sacked and a new set or at least a modified set of "rules" to be written + I, as a paid up member would want to be voting in a new member of the MT if not the whole MT itself - cause at the moment they all seem to be a little on the power-crazy side!!!!

Stop bitching about what HAS happend and do something about what WILL happen - its your club - isnt it???

Khushy (preparing to be flamed)

This is what should happen yes. There seems to be far too much of something going on for it all to be conspiricy and rumour ! About time it was all done away with and a new broom put in place - to rescue whats flippin left
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:11
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix n max
This is what should happen yes. There seems to be far too much of something going on for it all to be conspiricy and rumour ! About time it was all done away with and a new broom put in place - to rescue whats flippin left

you could have argued this was the same with British Government over last 3 years...

However, there's a term to be served, right or wrong, the MT are here for the duration of it..

2 options really for all of us.

1. Bitch moan whine and shout at them
2. Live with it and vote them out at AGM.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:16
500SD

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieducati
you're pushing against an open door as far as many members are concerned. it is however just not that easy.

You (the paid up members) have given control of your club (voluntarily) to some people (MT) who you voted in - now your not happy with their behaviour (totally understandable) and you are acting as if you are either powerless to do anything about it or you like bitching but cant be bothered to do anything about it or you dont know you (the paid up members) can do something about it or you are too afraid to say anything or maybe I have just misread the situation and you are all totally happy and banging on about it and this thread is normal DSC behaviour!!!!!

Censorship - unacceptable
immature management of DD situations - unacceptable
Dictating who can and who cant do this that and the other - unacceptable
Reading PM's - TOTALLY unacceptable and unforgivable
Starting a load of sh*te on this thread - unacceptable and ban worthy

Being on the MT is a privilege - isnt it?? - being responsible for representing your fellow Ducatisti - who voted you in - in the first place.

Threads less worthy than this one (originally started by MT) have been deleted!!!!

Its a bleedin bike club . . .

we own bikes
we ride/race bikes
we help eachother
we trade stuff

how bloody complicated can it get - get rid of management - stop all the pointless committee meetings (they solve NOTHING) - form a club based on common goals/interests in mind and get on with enjoying life - nobody needs to be incharge - maybe thats the root of the problem.

As for those power-crazed, control-freaky, dictatorial, ego-centric - sad individuals on the MT (you know who you are) you really need to sort yourselves out guys and resign immediately to save at least some of your dignity OR sort this sh*te out now!!!!

Khushy
(preparing to be a flamed, b banned, c sent to bloody Coventry (ewwww)

Last edited by khushy : 16-Oct-2006 at 15:20.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:16
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksyracing
you could have argued this was the same with British Government over last 3 years...

However, there's a term to be served, right or wrong, the MT are here for the duration of it..

Yes but there should be provision in cases of extreme unrest that an egm can be called and voted off with immediate effect isn't there ?

The governement we 'have' to live - surely thats not the same for a club ?
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:23
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlist
Unfortunately, I was abroad and arrived home quite late Saturday night. As I was out all day Sunday with the DSC Sussex regional meet I have still not had time to catch up on my e-mails.

Other than saying that statements were communicated to me that were not public, I cannot be more specific Eamonn. When I queried the source it was made evident to me that my previous alignment with the then "Evo Group" had led either Chris, Paul or Ian to believe it would be worth their while getting the WebTeam to read my so called "Private Messages".
I am not aligned with any group, I have moved against any action to split the club whatever the source. I want to see fairness from all parties and responsibility to the membership in general, only then can we, the MT, expect the membership to respect us. I am extremely disappointed that the MT would see fit to authorise such espionage on a fellow MT member and even more disappointed that the WebTeam would be a party to it.

Paul,

For the avoidence of doubt I can state here in public the following:

1) That I cannot personally access personal messages of Members
2) That I do not have even moderator status on this board
3) That at no time have I asked or instructed a member of the WEBteam to look at peoples personal messages on my behalf

I have no knowledge of what you allude to and would ask that you retract immeadiately.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix n max
Yes but there should be provision in cases of extreme unrest that an egm can be called and voted off with immediate effect isn't there ?

The governement we 'have' to live - surely thats not the same for a club ?

Lynn, - all members signed to accept the club rules/constitution/terms(?) that are on the back of your membership form, there is no provision for an EGM within those rules. The MT have agreed (they did not have to, but listened to requests and opinion) to a new constitution/rules to which all members were invited for input, - 1 member turned up at the meeting!
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:33
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksyracing

Steve the members cannot vote the MT out at the AGM, it's not part of the constitution from memory, in fact I doubt think there's anyway for a member to do anything with regards to MT and it's members apart from walk with your feet and your cash.I might be wrong though as there should be a new constitution now????
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:34
500SD

now we are trying to . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Paul,

For the avoidence of doubt I can state here in public the following:

1) That I cannot personally access personal messages of Members
2) That I do not have even moderator status on this board
3) That at no time have I asked or instructed a member of the WEBteam to look at peoples personal messages on my behalf

I have no knowledge of what you allude to and would ask that you retract immeadiately.

cover our own arse!!!!

Is it april 1st - this now getting comical.

Khushy
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:34
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM
I might be wrong though as there should be a new constitution now????

Thats what I thought