Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Sep-2006, 19:35
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Thumbs up MTS 1100 First ride

Just had the MTS 1100 delivered to the shop on friday (S model to follow soon) so I've registered it for demo and put it on the road.

Just been out today to get some miles on it before its unleashed on the public for demo rides.

Even though I'm still running it in, the extra cc's are really there in the mid range.

If you want to know if the extra bit is worth it... it is, for sure. bascially feels like a well set up MTS 1000 with the termi kit / ecu and de-cat pipe fitted. that extra mid range pull is there for sure.

Not a whole new bike, or even motor, but a definate promotion for the MTS range. Ducati getting development bang on.

I'm sure that in order to be in line the lates Euro rules on noise and polution they have had to hold back the performance, Cant wait to get a termi / decat system one and let it breath.

Wet clutch is good, i'm a dry clutch fan really but in its place (on a superbike, where its of benefit). lever is lighter which is a bonus when running in.

Really cant wait for the Hypermongtard now!!!

748RS race bike (well, 853 but who\'s counting!)
999S road bike,

www.motorapido.co.uk
Old 24-Sep-2006, 20:25
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Sounds great,...truly a Ducati for the real world!
Mines only the 'old' '03 bike,but I love it to bits.
Old 29-Sep-2006, 19:11
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
saw one today at P and H, and it looks just like mine! - As it has black wheels as standard now. Now the bike that does look good in the flesh is the Monster S4R in titanium grey/silver with red frame.
Old 30-Sep-2006, 10:43
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
more midrange??? picked up my new MTS 1000 yesterday from aylesbury(must be the last one left?) and rode home in torrential rain - but enjoyed it anyway. after the 748 it was great just using the 4000-6000 midrange to cut through the traffic - easy! it really picks up cleanly. love the instruments too, the headlight is good, but handlebars need to be lower and further forward to get a leaning forward(just a little) body position. Can't wait to put some miles on her now!
Old 30-Sep-2006, 10:55
Mille

Mood: Relaxed
MTS

I agree. The bars need to be lower and more forward. Might stop the unsolicited wheelies too!
Old 30-Sep-2006, 14:26
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpink
more midrange??? picked up my new MTS 1000 yesterday from aylesbury(must be the last one left?) and rode home in torrential rain - but enjoyed it anyway. after the 748 it was great just using the 4000-6000 midrange to cut through the traffic - easy!
Yep,best bike ever for riding in the rain.Just needs a fender extender and a hugger to keep some of the wet out.I bought the Pyramid Plastics extender and the QB hugger from Italia Moto.Cost about £150 for the pair.
Old 30-Sep-2006, 18:50
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
got a DP carbon hugger fitted as part of the deal and funnily enough found the pyramid plastics extender in a search today - it is on order. Had an embarrassing couple of moments today - a twist of the wrist and i seem to arrive at the back bumper of cars alot quicker than the 748 ever did - and i would have to agree with ariel about wheelies - wooaahhh nelly! (not the cornerspeed one)