Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Jan-2009, 22:56
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
Insurance

I'm close to doing a deal on a 1098R Bayliss, so i've spoken to my present insurer (Carole Nash) about taking off my 998S Bayliss rep & 1098S Tricolore & adding the 1098R to my 916 Foggy rep, as i was swapping two bikes with the combined value close to the 1098R i thought it would be an easy task, how wrong i was!!!!

When i renewed the policy in July last year i was informed by CN that the company i was with no longer did agreed value policies so they would have to swap over to Norwich union, who wanted £200 more than the £1,200 i had paid the previous year.

Now, they want another £500 to put the 1098R on in place of the 998 & 1098 Tricolore, for the 6 months upto renewal in July!!!

I've rung a couple of companies (Bennetts & Ducati insurance) & was told they couldn't cover bikes of that value!!

I've spoken to MCE, they're working on a quote for me, they seemed switched on & interested in helping me. Has anybody had any dealings with them?

I'm not too stressed at having agreed value on the bikes now, so can anybody suggest a company that will cover both bikes at a reasonable cost?
Old 27-Jan-2009, 23:41
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
how much is it worth? out of interest (and dreaming!!) I have just done an E Bike Insurance quote, 39, 4yrs ncb with a value of 19999 (wont go over 20k) and came back £407 for the year....
Old 28-Jan-2009, 11:15
500SD

Mood: a ducati is for life not just for christmas
Thumbs up

hi mate.The insurance company i use is SWINTONS of tamworth .They have branches all over the place and have been around for ever.They won the british insurance company of the year ,2008... tel:0800 056 56 31 or go online and save an extra 20%. Hope this helps mate
Old 28-Jan-2009, 21:45
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
how much is it worth? out of interest (and dreaming!!) I have just done an E Bike Insurance quote, 39, 4yrs ncb with a value of 19999 (wont go over 20k) and came back £407 for the year....
I've spoken to more companies today, the problem is the 1098R Bayliss, due to the fact that it's £27k. The Foggy is just added on to the policy, but the 1098 is classed as the main bike.

The only people that have given me a quote so far are CN, who are my present insurer & Swinton. CN want £500 to take me upto renewal, which i'm guessing will be close to £2k, swinton have quoted £1655, but i've got to fit a tracker & they won't give me agreed value on the Foggy.
Old 28-Jan-2009, 21:46
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc daz
hi mate.The insurance company i use is SWINTONS of tamworth .They have branches all over the place and have been around for ever.They won the british insurance company of the year ,2008... tel:0800 056 56 31 or go online and save an extra 20%. Hope this helps mate
Thanks,I've spoke to them, they did at least give a quote, un-like all of the others i've spoken to!!
Old 29-Jan-2009, 10:23
500SD

Mood: a ducati is for life not just for christmas
Wink

Have you tryed looking through the MCN theres always plenty of insurance company,s in the back.