Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 11-Jul-2003, 16:46
Bevel Head

Mood: Stressed as usual!
Damo 748
Norwich Union underwrite Ducati Insurance. Ducati UK have a deal with the broker to use the name and promote instore etc using the ducati graphics.

I don't think you can get away without costs - you say you'll need a project manager - that will cost. So will the Professional Indemnity Insurance, cost of regulatory compliance, general running costs. An existing broker will have economies of scale and therefore would initially have a pricing edge.

I will post more later. An initial web may be set up over weekend
Old 11-Jul-2003, 17:20
Mille

project manager bit was a joke!
Old 12-Jul-2003, 10:22

Ducati SPS
Would it be feasible to get a single underwriter to provide a flat rate scheme directly rather than spreading the members business thinly? I believe that there is scheme like this for Subaru P1 drivers, no other model is insured but they can get it for about £750/yr, I think this varies depending on the previous years total claims etc. Clearly this price makes it attractive for the P1 guys and I think they are covered whatever state of tune they are in. As you say Ducati business must be an attractive proposistion.

For my part I would be happier with a scheme that provides cover for any mods (should I do any) leaving no grey areas rather than saving £50 and hoping....
Old 12-Jul-2003, 11:44
Montjuic

Mood: Tinckering and Grazing Knuckle
Nice one DucatiSPS....
Old 12-Jul-2003, 16:48
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Thanks Simon for this post, I do normaly phone around for car insurance and it is a right pain in the bum. A main part of my job is phoning around and getting the cheepest price for print for my clients, so when it comes around when I have to do it for myself its so time consuming, I never thought about faxing details....and as I will be taking my Motorbike test in a couple of weeks I will need to start thinking about using your form and all those numbers.

Thanks again mate

Kel
Old 12-Jul-2003, 16:49
Mille

Mood: Who says im in a mood... ; )
Bollox done it again!!! wrong user name..

Kel
Old 13-Jul-2003, 18:02
Montjuic

Mood: Tinckering and Grazing Knuckle
Kel...

Good luck with your test...

also who do you work for.. we outsource out print work, so it might be worth touching base... simon@elasticbrand.com
Old 14-Jul-2003, 17:33
Mille

cheers for this Simon, you're a star!

I've just been stung another £191 to insure the 888 for the remaining 4 months of my existing policy which was for a 2000 GSXR600 TPFT.

Cheeky sods initially said they wouldnt insure the 888 TPFT and that I would have to cancel the policy and start again (with no refund for the time remaining)

I persuaded them to upgrade the policy to fully comp so I wouldn't loose my NCB but like i say its costs me £191 which I have to pay in full

Come october me and the boyfriend will be trying your method.
Old 14-Jul-2003, 17:37
Bevel Head

Mood: Stressed as usual!
We have now set up the portal site.

www.insuremyducati.co.uk Its only a very simple site to start with. We are selecting new sponsors and underwriters as time moves on.

Give it a try and we'll see how it works.

any feedback send to ducatisps@insuremyducati.co.uk. Please don't add this to any listings - I don't know about you guys but my dsc e-mail address gets masses of spam!
Old 15-Jul-2003, 14:48
Big Twin

The last few days of the month are always a good time to haggle cos they have targets to meet etc, friday afternoon being the best time!!!!