Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Feb-2005, 03:35
Montjuic

Pannier Scratched

I have scratched my pannier whilst putting my bike away and therefore need to get it repainted.

Anybody know where I can purchase one of the silver Ducati Performance stickers so I can get it laquered in ?
Old 14-Feb-2005, 12:50
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
You could try any Ducati dealer. If you look in the parts catalogue on ducati.com, you'll see that all the stickers have a part number.

They're not the sort of thing that dealers would have sitting around on shelves though. They'll need to be ordered and could take ages so you might want to try eBay. They have sticker kits on there all the time, you might find what you're looking for. Some of the eBay sticker shops advertise a 'design your own' service so they might come up with what you're looking for.

Final alternative is to try and copy the font and logo using some sort of graphics package. I think that the fonts that Ducati use are Univers Extra Black for the bold 'Ducati' typeface and Univers 45 Light for the skinny font. Both fonts look italic, but if you use the italic font it's too much. So if you can, use a graphics package that can skew the letters to the right by 12 degrees. If you can make up the logo like that you should be able to find a local signwriter to cut you some sticky vinyl of the right colour. stick it on and lacquer it over.

After all that theory, I've been trying to get the same for my ST for ages and haven't managed it yet...so you might just want to ignore everything I've said

Alternatively
Old 14-Feb-2005, 13:05
Dibble

http://www.morgandesigns.com/

talk to Claire, tel her what you want, even if it mean emailing her a pic, they have virtually everything available and have no issues cutting individual stickers if you dont want a whole kit ....

These guys did these for me .....
Old 14-Feb-2005, 20:50
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Yep,Morgan Designs is the place to go.
I damaged a Cagiva Navigator and could'nt get the correct sticker for the tank.Morgan made some better than the origionals.
Old 14-Feb-2005, 21:14
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by steve999
I have scratched my pannier whilst putting my bike away and therefore need to get it repainted.

Anybody know where I can purchase one of the silver Ducati Performance stickers so I can get it laquered in ?

You should have said you scratched it whilst going round a sharp bend with my knee down.
Old 21-Feb-2005, 02:00
Montjuic

Thanks for the help.