Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Apr-2006, 16:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
at leats its all in good humour andy

how do you stand on it as a biker and not a policeman
Old 29-Apr-2006, 16:56
Big Twin

Not really the case with me mate. Copper asks if cans have bs stamp, dont think so says I, are they road legal? he asks, dont know I say he then writes out the ticket. I know there are not legal so its a fair cop etc. As for the TVRs etc that came by sounding as if armageddon was upon us I only needed to raise an eybrow to the officer to make my point.

I certainly have not got it in for the police, its a difficult job etc etc. But it does wind Joe public up a bit to see 5 coppers pulling every bike up when short of a murder being commited you cannot get the police to attend to other crimes.

A couple of weeks ago during a torrential downpour I saw a man sprinting past my house carrying a massive sack which looked very dodgy to me. As my house is of the beaten track I watched where he went which was the woods at the bottom of my garden. I went to look over the fence at the bottom of my land and just the other side of it he was sorting through the bag of clothes and household items and for some reason stuffing items down his trousers! Seemed dodgy to me all he needed was swag written on the bag to make it more apparent that it was stolen property. I walked back up the garden and called the police and was told they would get someone out. Went back and watched him through a small hole in the fence for about 20 minutes and then as I was getting wet I walked back up to the house for my coat. On arriving back to observe the man I looked over the fence and he turned round but I ducked down but he must have had a glimpse of me as he legged it still carrying the large bag. Still no sign of the police (am 1 mile from the station) I went back up to house and took the car round to the other side of the woods but could not see the bloke. The police never turned up at all. Not the first incident like it and wont be the last. A year ago a saw a couple of lads hanging round very late at night where I live. Its very dark and quiet down here at night as its a dead end lane to my house. After a while I sneaked up to where these lads were now hiding behind my wall and asked them waht they were up to. They give me a cock and bull story about having broken down and walked off over the fields. I waited a while and then followed them only to witness them breaking into a empty house. I called the police and waited and waited and waited. Nothing! by now I was only 1/4 of a mile from my local police station. Eventually after about 30 minutes I went round the back of the house and they were by the back door with various items piled up to take with them. Fortunatley they legged it over a fence and were gone. I rephoned the police and waited another 30 minutes and gave up and went home.

3am the other morning there was 2 lads stealing stone from a new build near to my house. You know what I didnt even phone the police. Just went home and went to bed.
Old 29-Apr-2006, 16:59
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
martin your too damn good, you should apply to be a special at your local station
Old 29-Apr-2006, 17:05
500SD
Bikes: 848 EVO & Multi 1000ds

Mood: When's the sun coming out
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
I know youve caught me..............but i want to come up with some <b>****</b> and bull story to get away with it!...........and in any case, instead of getting me, why dont you go and get them instead!!!

nice comment mate.
Old 29-Apr-2006, 17:07
Big Twin

I would but I'm unsure whether the place is operational or not.

Doesnt seem to be much sign of life down there!
Old 29-Apr-2006, 17:09
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
at leats its all in good humour andy

how do you stand on it as a biker and not a policeman

or even as a police biker!....................

With the number plate thing i say theres the law, theres acceptable and then there taking the pi**! Do the 3rd your gunna get a ticket i would suggest!

On cans, you have to look at it a bit further than just cop out to get biker. I know there aqre several places around the country where bikes meet..........can you image living near by? Having this every wednesday or whatever........
There are more people to try to please than just the bikers!
Old 29-Apr-2006, 22:45
Ducati Meccanica

true but ive never seen a car with a wholesale sized baked bean can for a exhaust get stopped

i know the laws the law but theres ways around policing it, i guess everyones got a different idea of whats right and wrong
Old 29-Apr-2006, 23:09
500SD

Selective policing springs to mind,summers day spent stopping bikes and handing out tickets in the name of road safety,much better than chasing round catching criminals,risking being hurt,having to claim compensation if you see anything nasty.The law might be the law,but clever lawyers know that theres a difference between the law and police prodedure,ask a premiership footballer.Difficult to be positive about policing nowadays,if your unfortunate enough to need them,you know they wont be there,well not for several days anyway,busy attending other calls,probably bikes with small plates.
Old 30-Apr-2006, 00:23
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Sorry but this is getting boring... can someone at least come up with a new variation on this whinge???
We all know the rules, if we choose to flout them we pay for it.
Endex!
Old 30-Apr-2006, 02:50
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
We all know the rules about number plates, exhausts, speeding etc. you know if you're breaking them so why whinge about getting caught!?!
Also, if your bike gets stolen and it can't be "recognised" by Mr Vigilant Police Officer on Patrol or on the National database from a roadside camera because the number plate is too small then it's less likely to be returned to you :P