Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Apr-2004, 17:37
Mille

Mood: Desmodromicus delirius
Jings, crivvens and help ma boab !. If that's what the intermediate service costs then next year's major must be looking at £500 or above..!? Then again, it could be the Alvins factor. You should ask Martin at Ducati Glasgow what they think it should be.

One racket which Alvins used to get up to was to change the belts at an intermediate service even though the factory says they only need replaced every 12,000 kms. It adds £60 or so un-necessarily to your bill and I phoned DUK about it when it happened to me before.

Hmm. Maybe I'll not get a Multistrada after all. I know there's more to biking than £s and p but I am a Scottish accountant......
Old 30-Apr-2004, 17:41
Mille

Before I make up my mind, though, I wouldn't mind a listen to a Termignoni-kitted MS, if you care to meet up for a blast one sunny day...
Old 30-Apr-2004, 18:28
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Yeah, delighted to meet up for a run one day! Just waiting on some decent weather which doesn't look like being this weekend.
Let me know where you are (Balerno might be a clue). I'm just at Barnton not a million miles away down by-pass.
I've been hoping to get a run out with Scotch and rest of "Scottish" contingent some time. Are you in that Yahoo group?
Cheers
Old 01-May-2004, 23:56
Mille

I am indeed based in Balerno. You might have seen our Scottish branch website (www.scottishducati.co.uk ). Any planned runs are put up there, and the aim is to try and get a monthly run going. Between us and Ducati Glasgow there should be plenty going on. Incidentally, I was in there today and Martin, the manager, was a bit surprised at your service cost - he said he expects £250-ish for an intermediate and under £400 for a major.
Next run should be last Sunday of the month, but feel free to email me if you are up for a blast on a nice day...
Old 06-May-2004, 19:15
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Cheers Duke, I do hope to make next DSC (Scottish Branch Run) weather permitting.

As the weather improves I regularly go out on weekday evenings for a couple of hours, in between golf, ferrying kids around etc, etc., but I'll certainly give you a shout. Feel free to do likewise.

Cheers
Old 09-May-2004, 11:23
Mille

Just to round off this thread I had a look at the very good website of OnyerBike. Interestingly, it gave a table of servicing costs for all the bikes it deals in. It was interesting to see that they charge the same for a Multistrada as for ST4, 748, 996,etc - I thought the unfaired, aircooled and 2-valve engines were supposed to be cheaper to service (www.onyerbike.net/service.htm)
Old 15-Jun-2004, 00:57
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
My MTS had its first annual service today,with 4600+ miles on the clock.I bought some chain lube and a couple of bits and bobs.The bill came to 211 pounds.Not bad at all.
I have to say the boys at Italia Moto did a great job.The engine feels like its grown an extra cylinder and the brakes are sharper and more powerfull than before.
Well happy!