Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 04-Nov-2004, 19:19
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hodgson eyes American Superbikes.....

Neil Hodgson says a move to the AMA Superbike Championship in America is becoming increasingly likely.
The former British and World champion is targeting a Superbike title hat-trick in the US following an unproductive season in MotoGP.

"I don't want to get into a downward spiral after MotoGP, I'll just get on with my career now," he said.

"But it is looking more than likely I'll be doing AMA. That will be with the factory Ducati team."

He added: "The plan is to go there and win it. I'm not going there just to ride round or take a wage.

"To go there and win in the first season, having had to learn all the tracks, no-one has ever done that.

"No-one has ever won the British, World and American Superbike championships either. That would be really, really positive.

I didn't enjoy being with the team, I didn't enjoy any part of my races

Neil Hodgson on his MotoGP season
"If I win the championship I am in a great position where I can pick and choose what I do then."

But Hodgson has ruled out a return to MotoGP and said he regretted the move following his 2003 World Superbike win.

The Englishman's D'Antin Ducati team heavily favoured Ruben Xaus, the rider Hodgson beat convincingly to win the Superbike crown.

"It was just a real tough season," he said.

"I think at that level you need to have very few problems, hopefully on a really good bike with good tyres, and even then it's very difficult with everything perfect.

"I wish I hadn't bothered going but I've been there and done it. I've already forgotten about it.

"I didn't enjoy being with the team, I didn't enjoy any part of my races that's why I'm not glad that I did. I didn't enjoy it.

"It was an experience - I don't see it as doom and gloom. I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'll move on."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...es/3983417.stm
Old 04-Nov-2004, 19:25
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
fair enough,
cant see him wining it in his first year though
Old 04-Nov-2004, 20:38
Mille

Mood: not a happy bunny
i think neil might struggle to win some races let alone the AMA championship Eric bostrom struggled on the 999 and he knows all the tracks!! but still i wish him good luck if he wants to go down that route.
Old 04-Nov-2004, 23:57
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I think he's going to go over there and have his but whipped by Mat Mladin ... but there you go.
Old 05-Nov-2004, 00:52
Ducati Corse

He\'ll be OK ..

.. as long as Ernesto is looking after him

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...Photo17_17.jpg
Old 05-Nov-2004, 16:24
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
he'll be fine, he's used to the bike and he's a far better rider than eric bostrom will ever be,plus didnt bostrom have to adapt to the duke after years on the kwaka

once he gets to learn the tracks he'll kick ass

anyone remember laguna 2 years ago when mladin realised he wasnt going to beat hodgson and win so he pulled out ????????

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit