Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-May-2006, 20:18
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Ive got the fat pipe too..........youll get use to it!!!..............all the jap bikes will be doing it in 10 years...........just like the underseat systems now!
Old 21-May-2006, 15:28
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Quote:
Originally posted by gossa
Hi wilf, if the kit involves that bulging piece under the swingarm then i really don't like the look. To be honest the only thing that is bugging me on my system is the black pipe which is pigging ugly and isn't that resistant to corrosion.

Any other options to consider?

Clive

We've had one of these systems re-welded and mirror polished before, so you get a really nice finished look, it gets rid of the weld seam (mostly) and the system then has a nice shiney look (which goes blue/purple after its been hot) and that looks REALLY trick - gives it that one off factory look.

We're fitting one of these to a Xerox rep this week so if your passing come in and see what it looks like on the bike.

W.
Old 22-May-2006, 12:42
Big Twin

I am after this upgrade kit for my 749R but obviously I would not need the ECU or filters as I already have them from my assymetric system and I have a PC3 to compensate for the upgrade.

What I need to know so that I can order just the pipework is the relevant part numbers of the pieces required.

Does anyone have the part numbers of the parts or can I buy the full kit complete without the ECU which is around £600 itself so I have heard, this would make the upgrade much more affordable.

It is pointless buying the full kit with the ECU if it would not be used.

Any help appreciated.

[Edited on 22-5-2006 by iang]
Old 22-May-2006, 13:30
500SD

Mood: head down
you could always send the ecu for reprogamming and keep your origionals i the box.
also the new Ecu with the kit is using the newest software so should be better than the origional
Old 22-May-2006, 15:46
Big Twin

Did not know that the ECU could be sent for re-programming, so the 999s ecu that is in the kit can be programmed to suit a 749R. Who could do this or would it have to go back to Ducati somehow ???

Is the full kit around the £950 mark as mentioned above ?
Old 22-May-2006, 17:55
500SD

I ve got a contact in Hannover that can send them back to Ducati and re-writen with the superstock/supersport fuel and ignition maps costs about €400 to get it done
Old 22-May-2006, 17:55
500SD

also gives you the option of a higher rev limit
Old 22-May-2006, 18:15
Mille

this kit is to much, I only pay a £1400 more for a full 54mm sisetm,more power at 8'000 than a 57mm one,
also the asymetric terms comes with a steel can and not a titanium like the 57mm terms, not a bad thing as we have read the posts of the titanium ones breaking.
just that it's cheaper,