Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Oct-2009, 08:57
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Sounds like a load of B***ox to me

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 16-Oct-2009, 11:03
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbayley
Had mine done on a Friday afternoon, under local, in the doctors surgery, sat up watching him do it !
Then walked home, and went to work on the Monday !

FFS Man you must have balls of steel

I can't even pick up my tool case out of the Van
Because work are hot on H&S they will not let me return to work untill
all wounds have healed due to the chemicals we use.
Old 16-Oct-2009, 11:21
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke
FFS Man you must have balls of steel

I can't even pick up my tool case out of the Van
Because work are hot on H&S they will not let me return to work untill
all wounds have healed due to the chemicals we use.

Make the most of it! Get in front of the TV, put your feet up and watch the MotoGP action from Phillip Island!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 16-Oct-2009, 13:27
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Make the most of it! Get in front of the TV, put your feet up and watch the MotoGP action from Phillip Island!

Yes watched it this morning I hope Canepa's ok
Old 16-Oct-2009, 14:03
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke
Yes watched it this morning I hope Canepa's ok

Yeah, didn't he hit a bird? Looks like he hurt himself!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 16-Oct-2009, 14:53
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Crikey, post highjack alert

good post well argued Miss Riot. Completely agree it is a pain in the neck choosing - I recall racing 250 when we had slicks, inters and wets and boy did we get it wrong sometimes. (apologies from an old(er) racer who does not run in DD - I clearly have nothing of value to add here)

Quote Miss Riot

"I don't mean to step on anyone's toes here, but I LOVE PIRELLI!

They warm up super-quick so when the weather's half decent, you can totally cane it from lap one. Who needs warmers? There'd be all that rushing to the holding area at the very last minute instead of the current race to get there half hour before the first call-out to be first out on track and avoid all the traffic. My fastest race lap at Castle Combe was on about lap two, on tyres that had already done Oulton and Cadwell!

Which brings me to another point... They last ages. And when you do have to finally buy a new set, they're cheap as chips compared to the price of today's tyres!

The road-tyre tread and compound means they're good in the damp or wet. It'd be the worst thing ever to introduce wets in the series - I can't even make up my mind on what shoes to bring at a race meeting, let alone what tyre to go for in dubious conditions. I always feel so sorry for those peeps who have to make last-minute decisions! If I were on my own at a race meeting, like at Donington race two this year, it'd be a disaster! Plus I'd rather save my spare rear wheel for older scrubs to use for track day practice so I don't waste my best rear tyre. And wets would be no more safer - people would simply go faster and crash more. At the moment there seems to be more crashes in DD when the weather's lovely as people are less cautious and go MENTAL! Like Tim :-)

Letter notwithstanding, the Pirellis are tried and tested in the series. Riders put in super-fast laptimes using them with no complaints.

In my opinion, PIRELLI DIABLOS ROCK! And I seriously doubt any of us would really notice the subtle difference between H and ZR rated on a DD bike. I'd be disappointed if I were to do the championship next year (not sure at mo) and Pirellis weren't used anymore.

Oh, and I'm not sponsored by Pirelli, ask Holbeach! I bought all my tyres from them this year, except one set kindly donated to me by FWR Tyres. Who like Holbeach get them directly from Pirelli...

Still, it's good to look at other tyres and deals at the end of the season. It'd certainly be cool to get hold of Rossos. But I don't think it's worth going all handbags at dawn about it"

It's the competitors and race organisers choice for sure

WeeJohnyB
Old 16-Oct-2009, 20:50
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
tyres

can next years tyres be round please and black if possible, although I'm not sure if that matters, maybe ducati would manufacture some red ones!
Old 17-Oct-2009, 08:31
Mille

Mood: elated
ren ones

used to be able to get coloured remoulds by a firm called skorpian in red i think msn tested them too! looked lovely!
Old 17-Oct-2009, 09:30
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
And Tomahawk made tyres in a choice of Blue or Yellow and got a few stunt riders to use them. I remember going to a OPen day at George Whites and watching a couple of Stunt riders using them, they did spin up well making Doughnuts in a confined space look easy, I say look because if I tried that i'd end up in a heap on the floor

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Oct-2009, 19:29
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Smile

mmmm Donuts!