Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Sep-2004, 17:52
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Panel Painting

After my close inspection of the grass at turn 1 at Rocky I'll be looking to get a panel painted black

It's just the one panel on the RHS (one piece jobby-998 style).

I've just gotten off the phone from tecmoto who can do it for £100. I don't know if I'm being unreasonable but that sounded a bit much, I was expecting it to be nearer £50 than £100.

How does that sit with you and if you reckon it can be done cheaper can you let me know who through?

Cheers,

TP

I'll post a piccie soon.
Old 14-Sep-2004, 17:54
Big Twin

Try a car sprayers, if you can provide the paint they should be able to do it for about 50-60
Old 14-Sep-2004, 18:20
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Tp, how damaged is it?
£100 is pretty reasonable really, if you want a decent job doing.
The paint alone is liable to cost £20-£30!
Old 14-Sep-2004, 18:29
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Tony

Does £100 include the repair too? Assuming not, and realising that it won't be the Corse carbon stuff, it might be worth putting a call into Barry (I know you tried before) - just to get a price of a RHS panel in pre-impreg GRP black - it'll be just as shiny, might be cheaper, should fit fine and will save you having to do the repair yourself.

Tim

[Edited on 14-9-2004 by Rattler]
Old 14-Sep-2004, 18:35
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Tony

Does £100 include the repair too? Assuming not, and realising that it won't be the Corse carbon stuff, it might be worth putting a call into Barry (I know you tried before) - just to get a price of a RHS panel in pre-impreg GRP black - it'll be just as shiny, might be cheaper, should fit fine and will save you having to do the repair yourself.

Tim

No it doesn't include the repair. The £100 was just to paint it. Antony and I have worked out a deal to repair it. I'm kinda keen to learn how to do it, in a bizarre DIY way

If I can get it painted for around £50-£60 then I'll be happy. I'm going to talk to some bodyshops around Twickers and see what happens.

If that si still around £100 then I'll give Barry a call and see what the go is there.

Thanks Tim, Jen.

TP
Old 14-Sep-2004, 18:38
Big Twin

A new GRP panel would set you back no more than 60-65 for a colour-impregnated one
Old 14-Sep-2004, 19:41
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
I just had 2 S's lacquered over on my 749s and that cost me £80 so £100 isnt a lot, sure theres cheaper out there but you get what you pay for.