Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Jul-2004, 15:00
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
Ohlins Yokes help!!

You might be aware im building a crashed 748R, but today i picked my rebuilt forks up from Kais, got home and tried fitting them thru the bottom yokes, Now i bought the bottom yoke second hand, cos mine was smashed to bits, and the part numbers were the same! The diameter of the forks are 56mm, and in natural position the yoke is 53mm, so my question is will the yoke open to 56mm to allow the fork in or am i not using enough force to open it up?
Old 31-Jul-2004, 15:13
Big Twin

In my experience the forks easily slide thru the bottom yoke once you totally slacken the bolts - its the top yoke thats a bugger to fit!
Old 31-Jul-2004, 15:42
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
yokes

So there must be 2 bottom yokes then 1 for showas and 1 for ohlins cos theres no way that my ohlins are gona slide thru! I could have sworn they both had the same part number
Old 31-Jul-2004, 15:47
Big Twin

There are definetely two bottom yokes, would have thought they have different part numbers too!
Old 31-Jul-2004, 18:00
GTL

There are definetly two differrent yokes for Showa and Ohlins but they might have the same casting part numbers.

The Ohlins one is 1mm larger and my brother had a std one machined out to fit the Ohlins with no problem