Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Dec-2011, 01:09
Montjuic

routing twin brake lines

Hi all,
Am about to change the front oem brake lines on my track bike to twin lines from the master cylinder, as anyone done this and have some photos as am after the best way of routing the lines.
cheers
Old 28-Dec-2011, 01:40
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I'll see if I have any pics where some of mine come around the outside of the fork leg, I only use this route on race/track bikes

The twin Kevlar lines I fitted to my 996 yesterday both have straight fittings at the top (they use crimped connectors, if using the fittings with a compression/nut fitting use one straight and one with a slight angle) they point down and slightly rearwards then once below the headlight mount one diverts left going under the bottom yoke and around behine the fork leg to the caliper the other pretty much follows the original brake hose route to the right caliper

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 28-Dec-2011, 12:52
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
I'll see if I have any pics where some of mine come around the outside of the fork leg, I only use this route on race/track bikes

The twin Kevlar lines I fitted to my 996 yesterday both have straight fittings at the top (they use crimped connectors, if using the fittings with a compression/nut fitting use one straight and one with a slight angle) they point down and slightly rearwards then once below the headlight mount one diverts left going under the bottom yoke and around behine the fork leg to the caliper the other pretty much follows the original brake hose route to the right caliper

Cheers skidlids that would help thanks, am going to get them made up from a hose vendor we use at work, just bought a thumb brake so getting a new hose for that aswell, am thinking of drilling and tapping the bottom yoke and putting a couple of P clips to guide the hoses.
Old 28-Dec-2011, 13:24
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by aide998tt
just bought a thumb brake so getting a new hose for that aswell, .

Can't be the one I was outbid on this morning as that was for 50mm fork leg unless your trackbike isn't related to the 998 user name

Old 28-Dec-2011, 13:45
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Can't be the one I was outbid on this morning as that was for 50mm fork leg unless your trackbike isn't related to the 998 user name

No mate, i bought it new from NK racing, they have a website, got the lot minus the master cylinder from £150 including post, its got an adjustable lever so you can have it lower down the fork so its away from everything and you have the full leverage, can post a photo of it, yeah its a 998 track bike i have.
Old 29-Dec-2011, 20:23

May not be clear enough but have a look at my routing
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-E...0/IMG_3423.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-O...0/IMG_3421.JPG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-L...0/IMG_3970.JPG
Old 30-Dec-2011, 15:37
Montjuic

Thanks for the photos, where did you get the double banjo from and whats the perfromance of the brakes like now with the twin line setup,

Cheers
Old 30-Dec-2011, 16:19
MotoGP God

Demon Tweeks do Banjos of different types as do places like Raceparts UKm Merlin Motorsport (all have Onpline shops/catalouges) and quite a few other places
Brembo use M10 X 1.0 thread
I can't say I have noticed any difference from going from a single banjo on the master with a T-piece futher down to a Double Banjo on the Master. Unless original hoses were rubber and getting replaced by aeroquip