Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 29-Oct-2006, 15:56   #1
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
2007 Ducat Team (spoiler)
What are the odds on Ducati having a third bike in the team for Troy Bayliss???,

And Hodgson taking his ride in WSB???

Stranger things could happen( and they did in todays final race of the season)

Chris
Old 29-Oct-2006, 16:30   #2
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Pleaseeeee Hodgson the only thing he can do is talk a good race his WSB title was won on the back of the poorest line up since its instigation.
Old 29-Oct-2006, 16:46   #3
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Too harsh on Hodgy - esp as he was top Ducati rider in AMA this year.

Three Ducati's in the factory team, I think Randy asked the same question of Lupo at the end of Eurosports live program but, I couldn't understand the reply ?!?

F
Old 29-Oct-2006, 19:19   #4
Mille

Never mind a three man team, as good a prospect as Casey is, lets just hope he keeps the black stuff on the road, as he's hardly managed it this season.. yet another off, Honda must be glad he's going, that should halve the repair bill... Bayliss is a true god..
Old 29-Oct-2006, 20:53   #5
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
Three Ducati's in the factory team, I think Randy asked the same question of Lupo at the end of Eurosports live program but, I couldn't understand the reply ?!?

F

Pretty sure he said they've picked their riders,we couldn't see him but I imagine him shrugging his shoulders while saying it.
Old 29-Oct-2006, 20:59   #6
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Maybe it was only me but I did seem to detect a sense of eurosports commentry team(whom I like BTW) being pleased to see Rossi lose the title.
Shame really,as Hayden( Mr consistent my butt- mr not good enough to win consistently more like ) will never keep it beyond next year .
Old 30-Oct-2006, 09:16   #7
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
I have to agree and say that with 2?DNF's due to mechanical failure, 2 off's and being punted off at the first corner of the first race by Tony Elias and Vale still only loses the title by 5 points................
I don't believe that Nicky won the title, I think that Vale lost it due mainly to things outside of his control. Assuming that the 800 Yamaha is on the pace next year I expect normal service to be resumed-you really can't have a champion who doesn't win races.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 30-Oct-2006, 09:45   #8
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave G
Maybe it was only me but I did seem to detect a sense of eurosports commentry team(whom I like BTW) being pleased to see Rossi lose the title.
Shame really,as Hayden( Mr consistent my butt- mr not good enough to win consistently more like ) will never keep it beyond next year .

Toby Moody thought Hayden would win the championship weeks ago (it was mentioned in an interview he did), hence why he probably sounded particularly delighted at the result .However, I dont think that should be taken as 'pleased Rossi lost' ; I think the Eurosprt team are absolute professionals and would give equal plaudits to whoever won.
Old 30-Oct-2006, 09:51   #9
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
I have to agree and say that with 2?DNF's due to mechanical failure, 2 off's and being punted off at the first corner of the first race by Tony Elias and Vale still only loses the title by 5 points................
I don't believe that Nicky won the title, I think that Vale lost it due mainly to things outside of his control. Assuming that the 800 Yamaha is on the pace next year I expect normal service to be resumed-you really can't have a champion who doesn't win races.

John

I'm not saying that Hayden is the greatest MotoGp rider or anything, but I totally disagree that he won the title through default. All classes of motorsport sees people pick-up championships in different ways, and ultimately it is the person with the most points at the end of the season that wins.
Hayden also has had problems with his bike and DNF through no fault of his own.....
Old 30-Oct-2006, 11:22   #10
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
At the end of the day Rossi winning the championship was in his own hands. He was on pole and he had an 8 point lead in the championship.

No-one made him fluff the start and no-one made him lose the front and bin it. From a guy who rarely makes mistakes he made two that were entirely his own fault and that's what ultimately cost him the title.

I reckon he's great, he's easily the best rider out there but you can't say that it was out of his hands.

Don't forget the crash at Assen and subsequent injuries were his fault too - just bad luck. That cost him dearly.

Postbit Selector