Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 06-May-2005, 21:36
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
qucik insurance advice needed

i know this should be in the insurance section but i need a quick answer and im hoping you guys can help

my mate has won a hm plant race rep cbr6rr which he is having difficutly in insuring. he is being charged the extra on the premium for the race scheme but has been told in the event of an off that they will only repair his bike with standard panels and not matching race work, this is obviously a big concern and gripe as why pay the extra when the bike snot fully covered.. hes tried a few companies and its all a simialir story. what do you guys with the new fila reps/monstermob reps do for your insurance or are you unsure of how you'd be covered in the event of a a nasty off.hes getting really niggly about it and on about selling the cbr and sticking with his tatty old r6, only problem isneeds to get it sorted quick as were off to france on thursday for the gp

any help and recommended companies welcome. cheers
Old 06-May-2005, 21:53
Dibble

the reason is because the paint scheme increases the theft risk as it potentially in the eyes of the insurers makes it more desirable.

its the same with most "non factory" paint schemes, in the event of a claim he'll get a standard panel(s) and would need to get them painted at his expense.

HTH
Old 06-May-2005, 22:38
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
cheers dibs, i guess that both bikes will be up for sale when we get back from le mans then
Old 11-May-2005, 02:24
Bevel Head

Mood: Stressed as usual!
Access Underwriting allow £500 additional on a paintwork warranty to go towards restoring a special paint scheme which has been declared.