WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbyc
Who's that then???
Got a 59 Norton Domi and a 72 RGV250 though
A 72 RGV250?
Was that some sort of secret prototype?
I thought the GT250 was the dogs in '72!
Old 07-Oct-2006, 12:37

Mood: Grumpy
Ive got a 1963 Ducati Brisk which I am slowly restoring.

Ian
Old 10-Oct-2006, 22:37
500SD

750 tt1 bkm no1
860 gt

The TT1

Last edited by hawk : 27-Oct-2006 at 19:43.
Old 11-Oct-2006, 11:26
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Steve
I am or should I say John Mossey Restorations are currently restoring my Pantah 600. Not quite a classic as mine's a 1986 model, but getting there.

On this subject I'm having a little difference of opinion with the engineer resoring the bike. He will be shortly sending everything to paint and wanted to know if I wanted the wheels painted gold (as they are now) or silver as they were originally.

In all the photos I have the wheels are always gold. I cant find any pictures of the bike with silver wheels. Mine is a 600cc Pantah in the silver blue bodywork, so the silver wheels wouldlook better but I want to restore this to the original state so my head says gold.

Who is right the restorer or all the pitures I have???

You could try the Ducati Owners Club. I'm sure they will be able to give you the ref no and of the correct shade of paint too.

I've had quite a few ' classic ' bikes and my view is so long as you aren't doing something which is irreversable and the bike in question isn't a particularly rare or valuable machine ( Say a Brough Superior ) then what the hell, it's your bike so if you prefer silver wheels then paint them silver.

I've listened to folk at the classic bike shows arguing over whether footrest rubbers are correct..get a life!

Personally I prefer bikes which haven't been restored. I was down at Beulieu this summer and there was an old boy who had ridden there on an ancient flat tank Norton and sidecar, hand gearchange and all that. It was covered in burnt on oil and looked like it got washed with an oily rag every 2nd year. The stories that bike could probably tell! I think it should be against the law to restore a machine like that.

Hope you post up some piccies when you've finished, it sounds like she will look gorgeous
Old 11-Oct-2006, 22:02
Mille

I've already put some before and "during" pictures are the site. Check under the my photos sectio of the forum (headed Pantah restoration.. The story so far).

I've checked with Ducati via the official web site and the wheels should be gold. The restorer has agreed he made an error in saying they should be silver, so gold they will be. Apprecaite your comments about the bike being how you want it and not being over restored.

I intend to ride the Pantah as often as I can as well as taking it to a few shows. The restoration is described as a sympathetic rebuilt as opposed to a ground up nut & bolt job. Foe example I'm not having the frame fully repainted just touched up around the swingarm, and centre stand.

Check the pictures and let me know what you think. I'll post more when the restorers send some to me.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 01:01
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Had a look at the pictures and she looks in quite reasonable condition to start with, so shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to end up with a nice example of a model which isn't often seen any more.
Old 21-Mar-2010, 15:51
Montjuic

Mood: face your fears live your dreams
ive got a 600 pantha to be honist do not think i will ever get to put it on the road. its all there and is quiet clean.but not been run for quiet a while
Old 21-Mar-2010, 16:48
Big Twin

Not a Ducati but all 24BHP ready to be unleashed at any time, when i get it out of the house that is.

Old 21-Mar-2010, 17:11
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
I have a 1978 Phil Read Replica that I've had from new. Ran it at the 2004 TT lap of honour but binned it at the Creg. Its now 836cc with Yoshi cam.

All repaired now tho'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PRR1.jpg (360.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Gravel rash at Creg2.JPG (202.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Glen Helen2.jpg (179.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 21-Mar-2010, 20:03
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Been a while since I've seen one of those Phil, must be as rare as rocking horse do da

Neil thats real nice old Thumper, my mate Adrian would love that, who dusts it

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook