Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Mar-2005, 19:49
Mille

Like i said if you get a decient paddock it has a bar that goes through to stop the wheels with a nice rubber handle on to stop any damage to the wheel. Clever them blokes at ducati Cant be that bad either as the wsb team used then
Old 30-Mar-2005, 19:57
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Here's a cheap method but one that works evrytime and aint gonna break under pressure.

17mm allen key (bought for relative peanuts compared to 1/2" t-bars and wrenches that do break.)

I have an old fork leg for leverage, but scaffold poles etc work just as well.

Only drawback I have now is stopping the bike from 'walking' across the floor as I bounce on the bar.

Another 'top-tip' from the anals of the Ducati 748R graveyard known as my garage.

Guido
Old 31-Mar-2005, 00:13
Big Twin

I use a breaker bar, and also have a fork leg for extra leverage as required.

Although I have recently acquired a cordless Impact Wrench
Old 31-Mar-2005, 01:14
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.

I dunno...................

We had this debate a while back. There were many reponses to it and I stated that I had an electric impact wrench. The one that Antonye mentioned earlier sounds just like mine.

The thing is, quite a few people seemed to state that this was crap and carried on with there old iron bar and socket routine. I cant see the point!! I got mine from fleabay, brand new for a tenner. I think that they are available from Halfords and B and Q etc. I would never go back to that iron bar again. Its great for undoing and doing up the rear nuts on the sprocket and wheel side. No bouncing bike. No needing a mate to hold the bike. No slipped hands and scuffed knuckles or paintwork!!!!!!

The only thing I would say that I have to be carful of draining the bike battery when using it a lot but that is only cos the battery is on its way out at the moment.

Bloody good bit of kit.

You pays yer money......................................

DC.

[Edited on 30-3-2005 by DC]
Old 31-Mar-2005, 10:07
Mille
Bikes: 998Bip

Mood: Carbonara
Thanks everybody for your suggestions, a 3 quarter breaker bar will do until I get the cordless or 12 volt impact wrench.

And the 17mm allen key (with shimming) is inspired for emergencies.

Now all I have to do is wait for my new wheel nut to turn up (the bike's looking great with the new wheels, and I can't ride it!)

Spinoli
Old 31-Mar-2005, 14:48
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

I have always wondered what that bar on the paddock stand was for. How about a picture of it being used in action so I can get my full money's worth out of the stand. To date I have just left it sitting and could never think of a use for it!