Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Apr-2006, 09:43
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by Derek
Scottoiler are currently working on a Ducati specific system for oiling at the front sprocket with a fitting that attaches to the sprocket cover.

Odd that one becasue in their manuals they don't recommend oiling at the front sprocket due to the speed of the chain throwing all the oil off!
Old 27-Apr-2006, 15:02
GTL
Bikes: ST4s ABS

Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
Quote:
Originally posted by Derek
Scottoiler are currently working on a Ducati specific system for oiling at the front sprocket with a fitting that attaches to the sprocket cover.

Odd that one becasue in their manuals they don't recommend oiling at the front sprocket due to the speed of the chain throwing all the oil off!

Here's the evidence : Scott oiler - Ducati Specific Fitting
Old 29-Apr-2006, 17:34
Mille
Bikes: Ducati ST2

Mood: Fruity
Quote:
Originally posted by YMFB
I have fitted a MK7 universal kit, but the chain still looks rusty can I now retrofit a dual nozzle

easily - you just pull the old one off and take the metal stiffener out of the tube. The dual head comes with a small black pipe like the suction one and that fits down the centre of the bigger clear pipes that come with the standard kit.
You get about 2-3 ft of black pipe, so lots of spare to play with. I push mine in about 2 inches without trimming any and it runs up to under the seat before the clear pipe starts.