Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Sep-2009, 11:08
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog Bianchi
yeah Monty, but you don't count as you are one of the walking wounded....LOL. The photo looks like ST luggage, but the final product may be something else. They sure made that sucker butt ugly! Wow.
Still, I have never had a sore wrist from my ST except from a lot of clutch use in heavy traffic. Otherwise, touring is pretty comfortable. Would be nice to see a refined sports tourer again though.

The colour panels on the picture are much shallower than the ones on the ST4S or a current Multistrada, and the topbox is very deep-I think that IS the new luggage. As for Butt Ugly-well I shall await seeing it in the metal before I decide. Those who have seen it without all the tape and padding say it is a really well styled bike-we shall see soon I guess-lets face it the ST range won't win any beauty contest's-but we all like them.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 07-Sep-2009, 20:23
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
Funnily enough I know someone who is selling one....................

Funnily enough, I know someone who's just shelled out £4700 for a new machine. It's cleaned out the piggy bank, but I take delivery tomorrow

Unfortunately, it's one of these....

But, as you can see it's got full suspension and off-road capabilities so it'll take Mrs Jools around the park and, when we tested it, it ****ed up the 1-in-4 hill between our house and the town. It should give her a lot more independence, so I don't begrudge spending it, even if it does mean that Multiple Sclerosis has stopped my "new" bike daydreams for a bit.

Now....all I need to do is spray it red and see if it'll take a testastretta motor

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 08-Sep-2009, 07:38
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

I have a spare Gilera 500 biabero single you could drop in that for a bit more umph! The puppy might be out of a running partner though.
Old 08-Sep-2009, 21:37
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Quote:
I have a spare Gilera 500 biabero single you could drop in that for a bit more umph! The puppy might be out of a running partner though.

Now that is very strange-not only do we both have ST4S's but we also both have 500 Gilera Bialbero's.................mind you mine is not strickly a 500 any more-more a 558 running RC600 valves and a gasflow.

John

Old 09-Sep-2009, 10:13
500SD

I actually have two of them, one with an engine blown on the track for cannibilization I guess. Sad, cause it has a very low SN!
Old 09-Sep-2009, 20:04
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
I actually have two of them, one with an engine blown on the track for cannibilization I guess. Sad, cause it has a very low SN!

This is getting scary-are you my doppleganger??

The reason mine is being rebuilt as a 558 is because it blew up.............on track!

It broke a cambelt after the water pump seized and delaminated the belt at Almeria in Spain 3 years ago. Result was only 4 bent valves but I had to strip the engine anyway so..............it grew to 558 with big valves and a gasflow.

I would think mine is an early one as well since it is stated to be a 1988 and was imported from Japan-engine No is 00120.

John

Old 11-Sep-2009, 05:56
500SD

yeah, bought mine early on with a 00027 and a replacement with a higher number. need to get to work on both of them, but I just got a new motor in the family with an engine nuber of 0002 and about 4 poops per hour. Good exhaust note, kind of sucks the fuel a bit much. mary is her name and no weight problems as yet (over 5 kilos now)
Old 11-Sep-2009, 12:40
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
yeah, bought mine early on with a 00027 and a replacement with a higher number. need to get to work on both of them, but I just got a new motor in the family with an engine nuber of 0002 and about 4 poops per hour. Good exhaust note, kind of sucks the fuel a bit much. mary is her name and no weight problems as yet (over 5 kilos now)

Congrats on your new arrival-latest addition to my family is called Beatrice, 15 months old now-but she is my grandaughter-so I guess I'm a bit older than you...................

John

Old 14-Sep-2009, 05:23
500SD

Well John, sorry to say this, but I skipped my first marriage and jumped directly into my second one with no child support payments, no second mortgages, no divied assets, etc. Only thing is, these kids should be my grand kids! Yes, i am that old! Oh yeah, congrats on the new born.....great treat for you I am sure!
Old 14-Sep-2009, 15:35
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Monty - "so I guess I'm a bit older than you"....that's a fairly safe bet if ever I've seen one

WeeJohnyB