Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Aug-2011, 12:43

ST4s Panniers

hope someone can help. i have an 02 ST4s and need to buy hard panniers for it. have found some ST2 panniers from an 01 plate but not sure if they will fit, need to source a mounting rack for it too. can anyone give me an idea if these will fit or if there is somewhere i can buy a rack and panniers from. i spoke to my local ducati dealer who was a waste of time and just said "they didn't know"

any help much appreciated.
Tim
Old 15-Aug-2011, 14:28
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
I think that you will find that the Nilfango panniers and racks for the ST2/4/4S are all the same.

Chris
Old 15-Aug-2011, 15:11

ST4s Panniers

thanks Chris, i thought it likely but for the Ducati dealer to not know threw me a bit.
Tim
Old 15-Aug-2011, 22:18
Big Twin

They are the same. I think that you may be able to source Givi ones as well.
Careful though as I don't believe that you will be able to mix & match.
I have a Nonfango topbox and a Givi plate and it just does not work together. The fittings are the same but they are slightly wider appart on the Givi set up.
Old 16-Aug-2011, 15:30

thanks for this, i keep getting conflicting advice on the givi/nonfango compatibility to be honest and not sure where to start. the givi site doesn't list the ST4 as a bike they support for panniers or mounting racks.
Old 16-Aug-2011, 23:38
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by timoski
thanks for this, i keep getting conflicting advice on the givi/nonfango compatibility to be honest and not sure where to start. the givi site doesn't list the ST4 as a bike they support for panniers or mounting racks.

They have the St2 listed on Givi site.
There is no difference in terms of chassis between STs (well appart for some using gold nitride forks, ohlins shock, allow swingarm, etc... but that does not affect anything for paniers).

That said from my experience a nonfango box does not fit a Givi plate - or at least the Givi plate I have been supplied with. If somebody knows otherwise I would welcome the advice.

p