Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Nov-2009, 22:28
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Could it be true?? The call has come....the bike just needs a road test and should be ok. At last Valves disintegrated scoring bore and so after a new ste of valves, piston and cylinder plus all the other stuff.

Not sure what the damage to my wallet is but most of the stuff should have been covered by a fairly reluctant DUK

Should collect it tomorrow if all goes well. Just in time for my strip down and op this week Damn the weekends looked good in October and me bikeless since September.
Old 08-Nov-2009, 23:56
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
hope this op doesnt mean you cant laugh...sharing a car with me, gaz and phil to the NEC aint gonna be easy for you if it does!!!!
Old 09-Nov-2009, 22:43
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
hope this op doesnt mean you cant laugh...sharing a car with me, gaz and phil to the NEC aint gonna be easy for you if it does!!!!

No worries there m8, can't wait. Still need a helmet.
Old 09-Nov-2009, 22:46
500SD

Well finally collected it today and I must say it sounds and runs really well A bit dull out and I didn't want to over do it, so I thought I would pop over to Loomies...but it was shut

Clutch seems to bite really late making me ride like a learner so need to adjust that but otherwise it's great to have it back

I saw the parts and the valve was chipped and you could see the damage to the piston and bore along with the cam and other valves. Let's hope it will last a while longer now.
Old 10-Nov-2009, 01:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders

I remember sharing a car with you, Pshyclist and Craig, now that was an experience.

Good to hear you have the bike back Kim

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 14-Apr-2010, 22:39
500SD

After writing a full rreport the bloody computer crashed so short version is bike has been b**gerd for another 2 months but the call has finally arrived and I collect the bike again on Friday.

Now the real test begins with less than 300 miles since November and 2 new rear tyres I need to know it is reliable enough for the events of 2010, I've already missed one booked and paid for trackday at Silverstone so I don't want to lose any more riding days.

Thanks to MR and DUK.

Let the good times roll
Old 22-Apr-2010, 18:37
500SD

The saga continues Rode it out of MR last Friday and did a steady lap down to Goodwood and back...no problems bike felt good.
Early ride on Saturday morning again no issues. Stopped for a cuppa with around 250 miles completed and not over revving and suddenly thought I could hear a new noise from below Not sure what it was, if it was my imagination or not. Stopped and checked it out, no oil or any seapages, could not hear any gas escaping from th exhaust so continued but I could hear and feel the backfiring on the overun...bugga

Thought I would just have a quick ride down to Loomies last night but it was clearly poorly so parked it. Dropped it off this morning at MR's so now have to wait and see what the diagnosis is this time. Time is running out now as the 'ring' beckons at the end of May and I won't be too pleased if that is affected.
Old 22-Apr-2010, 18:58
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
trade it in now - sure wilf will do you a deal