Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Sep-2004, 11:53
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
If you wanted a Yellow one, I can imagine one which might be for sale, 2002, 12K, FSH, Ohlins, all the toys etc.

Probably 7K(ish)
Old 27-Sep-2004, 13:31
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by jpmercer
If you wanted a Yellow one, I can imagine one which might be for sale, 2002, 12K, FSH, Ohlins, all the toys etc.
Probably 7K(ish)

Does she know about this?
Old 27-Sep-2004, 14:19
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by antonye

Does she know about this?

I do now!!

I have a picture if you are interested Deej, but cant seem to post it (probably because i am in it )

[Edited on 27-9-2004 by Lily]
Old 27-Sep-2004, 20:00
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Deej,

Just a pointer which has been discussed on the boards many time before.

The 2001 748R came with Ohlins all round, bike cover but the Boge damper and no race/track pipes.

2002 models got the extra set of race pipes and Ohlins damper, as wel as paddock stand and cover.

Go for it...you'll not be disappointed.

Guido (2001 Red 748R owner)
Old 27-Sep-2004, 23:01
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
natty

i know ive been on about it for a while but im struggling to sell the r6, its a very slow market at the moment. d-aylesbury will allow me £2500 trade in for it which i think is fairly reasonable for a trade in and will save a lot of hassle but will obviously cost me a bit as i'll have to pay dealers prices but theyre getting desperate for the sales too

so if you know anyone wanting a r6 email me then i can get my 748

cheers for all the advice so far, i didnt think it would be this hard to buy a ducati but it is

dave
Old 27-Sep-2004, 23:47
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

Deej,

I ride a 748 Bip 1998. I aint no track rider and my mates ride R6s, Gixer 750s, RF600s, TLRs, TRX etc, and the Bip keeps up with them all and thrashes them into and out of corners. Only mods are Scorpion race can and Eprom chip.
Ducati make class machines save your money get a Bip.

Dont worry about it being an SPS, S, Bip or an R what you really need to watch out for is the colour, as Yellow ones are faster.
Old 28-Sep-2004, 22:55
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Deej, at the end of the day you'll get what you want, but I have to say (being an opinionated old wafflebag!) if you are road riding get an S. The R is far less easy to ride on the road, and frankly, most people will go faster on an S as it has much better mid range and is more accesible generally.
I don't think the service schedule is any different but, honestly, the S is a far better road bike
thats not to say the R is pants, far from it! But all I got from mine on the road was backache, wristache, neckache, kneeache and a hot bum!!
Old 28-Sep-2004, 22:58
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
sounds fair enough to me.

thanks for all your help, i think ive found the bike im after and ive got a guy who used to have a red bull r6 and wants another 1 coming to looka t mine on thursday so im hoping to be on a duke within 2 weeks fingers crossed
Old 01-Oct-2004, 14:11
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by desmojen
Deej, at the end of the day you'll get what you want, but I have to say (being an opinionated old wafflebag!) if you are road riding get an S. The R is far less easy to ride on the road, and frankly, most people will go faster on an S as it has much better mid range and is more accesible generally.
I don't think the service schedule is any different but, honestly, the S is a far better road bike
thats not to say the R is pants, far from it! But all I got from mine on the road was backache, wristache, neckache, kneeache and a hot bum!!

I disagree totally....i went from a 748S to a 748R and the difference on the road is great.....the whole package lends to a far superior machine for road or track...the POWER on the 748R is much stronger than the 748S thru the midrange and top end......the difference in comfort does not come into it..its a race bike not a virago...

get the R its the best there is...
Old 01-Oct-2004, 18:27
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

Deej, lets get one thing straight, these bikes are not comfy, your arm chair in your front room is comfy. These are race bikes, that are on the road, your hands and arse will hurt, you will be deafend, and you wont be able to lift your head high enough to read road signs.

BUT you are buying the best experience you will ever have, Ducatis are class, asthetically beautifull and perfectly engineered.