Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-May-2006, 15:04
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by wolverine
i'm only on a little 900ss don't want you boys all over me. (on the track i mean) i guess i just gotta suck it and see, i'm apprahensive i guess, sorry about the spelling. so how many ppl on track at once?

she's an old one too '93

[Edited on 13-5-2006 by wolverine]

Don't worry, for part of it I daresay I'll be on a 620Sport.

Just go in novice and run your own pace, you'll likely find you're not the quickest and not the slowest and you can start building up some confidence.

It's no worries, you'll be fine.
Old 13-May-2006, 15:05
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
TP you NEARLY made me feel comfortable about lending you the SP5 with that post!

Seriously though,Tony is spot on with his comments and the DSC trackday is probably the most comfortable one to learn on.

Ha!

It's alright mate, I'll just ride the racebike and my 998R. That's enough for anybody!
Old 13-May-2006, 18:09
Ducati Corse

TP,i said you could have a go and so you shall.
Old 13-May-2006, 18:34
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Quote:
Originally posted by wolverine
i'm only on a little 900ss don't want you boys all over me. (on the track i mean) i guess i just gotta suck it and see, i'm apprahensive i guess, sorry about the spelling. so how many ppl on track at once?

she's an old one too '93

[Edited on 13-5-2006 by wolverine]

Like TP said a DSC trackday is perfect to start. I did my first DSC trackday after only passing my test a year and having my SS 6 months!

Everybody is dead friendly, considerate, supportive and will help as much as they can. If you are riding down and back you won't wanna be going mad on track and novice group will be perfect for you. No Limits are an excellent trackday company and will move you up and down groups according to your ability. Also, because it is Ducati's only and a DSC day you won't have the "boy racer" types trying to prove a point and look good by terrorizing the novice group!
We mostly know each other so it's more of a family day and a good chance to put names to faces!
You'll just need some tape, your allan keys for your mirrors, flapjack, bananas for your energy and bottled water! You'll need to let out some air in your tyres so a gauge might be good to bring with you and some one can always lend you a pump to pump them up for the journey home

Oh...You asked about people on track. I'm not sure exactly but I reckon that there are about 20 or so in each group. Marshalls normally let you out in little packs of around 5 at a time. If you are fast it's best to get to the front so that you have clear track in front of you. If you are worried, then front is best again. If there are those that are faster they will move to the front anyway and leave you in peace
I think the biggest group is inters.

[Edited on 13-5-2006 by kwikbitch]
Old 21-May-2006, 16:27

hi, put me down for oulton, send me the forms please!!!!! should be a laugh on the daytona!