Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Jul-2009, 13:39
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Led Kits Are Here!!!

First off please note (moderators) that I am NOT a vendor for this product I am merely passing this information on. I receive no commission and seek only to ask people that are interested in this product to PM me, so as I can pass on the contact details of the manufacturer to them. They will be buying them directly from the Weiser Motorrad. If there IS a US vendor who would like to take these items on then PM me and I can give you the contact details of the people you need to speak to, who are keen to sell these in the US market.

OK that's the boring bit out the way! Some of you may remember I posted up some information on LED rear indicator conversion kits for the 848/1098/1198/D16RR models. I now have 2 prototypes (in both black and white colour variants) to show you. Please note these are the first hand made batch and the production versions will come properly packaged with full instructions, though these are really easy to fit and are literally plug and play. The kits cost about £60 (which is the price per pair) and is a lot cheaper, quicker and easier than buying equally bright, ready made LED indicators and fitting load resistors etc. (ie Kellermanns or Rizoma).

I can testify to the brightness of these units and also the fact that they are highly visible from both the side and rear of the bike even in broad daylight. I originally thought the white versions would look good on my bike but have since changed my mind to black, as these look a lot more subtle, but you can choose the versions you want. If anyone would like a set of these then please PM me and I will give you the correct contact email address and name to speak to, to order yourself a set. Naturally if someone on here wants to become a vendor for Weiser Motorrad, then you will need to deal with them directly. Again PM me so as I can put you in touch.

These really are a very high quality kit and are so simple to install. Weiser M are also planning to release versions to fit the new Streetfighter and Monster indicators (they already do kits for the Hypermotard). Finally please note that these kits fit straight onto the 848,1098,1198 and D16RR as all these bike use identical rear indicators.

Here are some pics explaining the install.

First remove screw at the rear of the indicator housing and take off the lens cover to expose the reflector and bulb assembly.

Next remove the reflector and bulb to expose the wiring behind. Note that the kits include reverse polarity protection and a load resistor but they do need to be connected correctly to work.

The black wire is the positive lead. This needs to be connected to LED board terminal that is located next to the onboard black diode. The brown wire connects the other terminal. Even if you connect them the wrong way round, just swap them over and hey presto.

Heres is a picture of the white kit including the locking key. The locking key is used to hold the housing to the indicator stalk, which on the OEM fitting is done by the original reflector you remove, so this part takes it's place.

Here is the black kit and key

Now attach the wires to the board, ensuring the spade connectors are firmly attached. These are quite a tight fit and although the boards are very well made you still need to be careful not to force them on, so just use a little care when attaching them. At this stage it is a good idea to switch on your ignition and test they are all working correctly.

Next insert the locking key, which will hold the housing firmly to the indicator stalk.

Now gently insert the board into locking key, ensuring the two tabs shown here on the board, fit into the two holes in the locking key, then press the board into the housing, making sure the lens cover hole in the board is aligned with the hole in the housing

Here is a picture of the board fitted into the housing and ready for the lens cover to go back on

Both black and white versions fitted. Note black version was just placed in the housing for this photo so no locking key is fitted (for the eagle eyed amonst you!!)

Here the indicators are finished, with lens cover refitted, showing both black and white versions

Here is the black version on my bike all wired up and ready for the lens cover to go back on, after testing.

Here it is all finished and unlit.

Here it is working. Not the best picture but it does not do it justice as they really are very very bright.

Hope these pics are of use to you all. Once again please PM me if you interested in these kits or if a vendor is reading this then please get in touch with me via PM.

Regards

Topolino
Old 05-Aug-2009, 21:03
Bevel Head

Mood: Duc'd up now
LEDS for 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
First off please note (moderators) that I am NOT a vendor for this product I am merely passing this information on. I receive no commission and seek only to ask people that are interested in this product to PM me, so as I can pass on the contact details of the manufacturer to them. They will be buying them directly from the Weiser Motorrad. If there IS a US vendor who would like to take these items on then PM me and I can give you the contact details of the people you need to speak to, who are keen to sell these in the US market.

OK that's the boring bit out the way! Some of you may remember I posted up some information on LED rear indicator conversion kits for the 848/1098/1198/D16RR models. I now have 2 prototypes (in both black and white colour variants) to show you. Please note these are the first hand made batch and the production versions will come properly packaged with full instructions, though these are really easy to fit and are literally plug and play. The kits cost about £60 (which is the price per pair) and is a lot cheaper, quicker and easier than buying equally bright, ready made LED indicators and fitting load resistors etc. (ie Kellermanns or Rizoma).

I can testify to the brightness of these units and also the fact that they are highly visible from both the side and rear of the bike even in broad daylight. I originally thought the white versions would look good on my bike but have since changed my mind to black, as these look a lot more subtle, but you can choose the versions you want. If anyone would like a set of these then please PM me and I will give you the correct contact email address and name to speak to, to order yourself a set. Naturally if someone on here wants to become a vendor for Weiser Motorrad, then you will need to deal with them directly. Again PM me so as I can put you in touch.

These really are a very high quality kit and are so simple to install. Weiser M are also planning to release versions to fit the new Streetfighter and Monster indicators (they already do kits for the Hypermotard). Finally please note that these kits fit straight onto the 848,1098,1198 and D16RR as all these bike use identical rear indicators.

Here are some pics explaining the install.

First remove screw at the rear of the indicator housing and take off the lens cover to expose the reflector and bulb assembly.

Next remove the reflector and bulb to expose the wiring behind. Note that the kits include reverse polarity protection and a load resistor but they do need to be connected correctly to work.

The black wire is the positive lead. This needs to be connected to LED board terminal that is located next to the onboard black diode. The brown wire connects the other terminal. Even if you connect them the wrong way round, just swap them over and hey presto.

Heres is a picture of the white kit including the locking key. The locking key is used to hold the housing to the indicator stalk, which on the OEM fitting is done by the original reflector you remove, so this part takes it's place.

Here is the black kit and key

Now attach the wires to the board, ensuring the spade connectors are firmly attached. These are quite a tight fit and although the boards are very well made you still need to be careful not to force them on, so just use a little care when attaching them. At this stage it is a good idea to switch on your ignition and test they are all working correctly.

Next insert the locking key, which will hold the housing firmly to the indicator stalk.

Now gently insert the board into locking key, ensuring the two tabs shown here on the board, fit into the two holes in the locking key, then press the board into the housing, making sure the lens cover hole in the board is aligned with the hole in the housing

Here is a picture of the board fitted into the housing and ready for the lens cover to go back on

Both black and white versions fitted. Note black version was just placed in the housing for this photo so no locking key is fitted (for the eagle eyed amonst you!!)

Here the indicators are finished, with lens cover refitted, showing both black and white versions

Here is the black version on my bike all wired up and ready for the lens cover to go back on, after testing.

Here it is all finished and unlit.

Here it is working. Not the best picture but it does not do it justice as they really are very very bright.

Hope these pics are of use to you all. Once again please PM me if you interested in these kits or if a vendor is reading this then please get in touch with me via PM.

Regards

Topolino

Any for 999, indicators and rear light?
lapman
Old 05-Jul-2011, 17:11

LED kit

is there a link to somewhere I can buy this LED indicator kit?
Old 05-Jul-2011, 21:55
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by russters
is there a link to somewhere I can buy this LED indicator kit?

Try searching ebay - plenty on there!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!