Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 02-Mar-2014, 12:12
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Almost 3 weeks on and nothing has changed on my 2014 projects
price you pay for swanning off to the dessert while we all hiding in sheds from a monsoon
Old 07-Mar-2014, 20:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Progress at last

New Chain sliders/guides, New Chain and New Case Guard fitted
Small Allen bolt behind the front sprocket lockwired

Forks swapped from ST2 adjustable ones to 750 Supersport ones containing Mupo Cartridges

Bars now fitted above the yokes

Still quite a bit to do such as fitting a Reg/Rec, Tacho, Seat Pad, along with sorting out the gear change, bellypan, battery retainer and the fairing mount that the Brake Mastercylinder fouls on soon as you add a bit of left lock
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	#1.jpg Views:	465 Size:	158.4 KB ID:	13869  Click image for larger version Name:	#2.jpg Views:	492 Size:	150.3 KB ID:	13870  

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 08-Mar-2014, 10:31
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

not much time left now kev!
think i've done all i can to mine for now and serviced my van ready- will i be able to weigh mine at brands before we start to check i haven't taken too much weight off it? (my attempts with bathroom scales not to be trusted!)
Old 08-Mar-2014, 11:08
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesaway
not much time left now kev!

Luckily for me last years bike is ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesaway
will i be able to weigh mine at brands before we start to check i haven't taken too much weight off it?

I'm Not sure what weighing Scales will be available at Brands if any

Old 16-Mar-2014, 19:34
MotoGP God

Quote:
Still quite a bit to do such as fitting a Reg/Rec, Tacho, Seat Pad, along with sorting out the gear change, bellypan, battery retainer and the fairing mount that the Brake Mastercylinder fouls on soon as you add a bit of left lock

All the above now sorted, so nearly ready for its maiden outing on the Brands Test day.

Just waiting for the seat foam to arrive the only things left to do are oil and filter change, then lockwire everything up. Then make some spacers and brackets and get the Bellypan fitted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	#3.jpg Views:	470 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	13877  Click image for larger version Name:	#4.jpg Views:	494 Size:	158.7 KB ID:	13878  

Old 17-Mar-2014, 11:18
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Quote:

Forks swapped from ST2 adjustable ones to 750 Supersport ones containing Mupo Cartridges

Blimey... Nearly a Grand!

(But cheaper than Ohlins cartridges )
Old 17-Mar-2014, 22:23
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
Blimey... Nearly a Grand!

(But cheaper than Ohlins cartridges )

Less than half of that Frank
Dallas bought them for the 2012 Desmo Due season and at the first round at Brands he had to remove them as they just didn't work, he returned them to Go Racing Developments where he got them and they handed them back a few weeks later saying they should work now.

So at Snetterton he tried them again, after one session they were back out of the bike.

I did him a deal against some other bits and then whipped them out of the ST forks they were in and put them in a set of Longer Supersport ones as they had been trying to extend the ST forks to far.

Hopefully I will get to see if they are now working on Friday, but have no info on oil grade or air gap. So will probably need some set up time but so long as they don't stick like they did to Dallas,

I will know I'm going in the right direction, he came in from the session at Snetterton with over 2 inches of travel not used. So I want to see my cable tie less than an inch from the bottom casting after a session and I'll be happy

Old 28-Mar-2014, 21:51
MotoGP God

Quote:
Hopefully I will get to see if they are now working on Friday, but have no info on oil grade or air gap. So will probably need some set up time but so long as they don't stick like they did to Dallas,
I will know I'm going in the right direction, he came in from the session at Snetterton with over 2 inches of travel not used. So I want to see my cable tie less than an inch from the bottom casting after a session and I'll be happy

well I can't say Brands went to plan as the new bike just didn't want to run right and by the time I had cleaned the fuel pump and changed the fuel filter to get it running properly there were only a couple of sessions left in the day to get out on it.
I used the first of those sessions to Scrub new tyres on the race bike and then went up to pit lane for the final session to try out the new bike. Only to have the final session canceled due to an incident on track where a couple of bikes came together and then deposited Antifreeze on to the track.

Still even just riding it up to the pit lane and back and a couple of times around the lower paddock I gathered some info on things that need sorting

Firstly the seat is to low, so I will be adding an extra layer of foam.
The standard allen bolts for the footrest plates catch on my boots so they will be replaced with domed headed bolts.

The clutch needs looking at and possibly replacing as there is a lot of drag and a nice lurch forward every time I put it in gear.

So tomorrow I will start looking at addressing these issues

Old 30-Mar-2014, 10:24
MotoGP God

Quote:
The standard allen bolts for the footrest plates catch on my boots so they will be replaced with domed headed bolts.

The clutch needs looking at and possibly replacing as there is a lot of drag and a nice lurch forward every time I put it in gear.

Right that's the Allen bolts changed and hopefully the Clutch is now sorted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC.jpg Views:	457 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	13893  

Old 04-Apr-2014, 09:53
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Quote:
Only to have the final session canceled due to an incident on track where a couple of bikes came together and then deposited Antifreeze on to the track.

D1ckheads, Bernie the scrute was complaining about this when I took the poorly Badger to him after our tumble.

Could this have a bearing on why 3 of us had the same crash at the same part of the track within 5 seconds of each other and all 3 offs totally separate?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50