Local, national & worldwide Ducati related event notices

Old 18-Feb-2014, 14:48
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Question WDW2014 - Organising the Trip!

After a discussion in the pub at the DSC Essex meet last night, it's clear that there are quite a few people that want to attend WDW this year and are looking at the different ways of getting there.

As a club we can offer you discount on tickets (more details soon) and also access to the hotel discount scheme in Rimini (more details here) to get you sorted once you're over there.

Frank has posted up the details of his trip to WDW2012 when he rode in this thread: http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...d.php?t=125631

Who else is planning to attend, or thinking about attending, but is thinking of maybe flying over and just attending without a bike? My own experience from WDW2012 is that you really don't need a bike once you're at WDW as the event takes place within the circuit and everything is easy to walk around. You could potentially walk from Rimini/Riccione/Cattolica to the track as it's not that far away (about 3km at most) and there are also (cheap!) bus services around the area too. We took the bus one night from Riccione to Rimini to see the Ducati All-Stars band play and it cost us €1 each way!

So who is planning on going, how are you thinking of getting there and also let us know if you're looking to "buddy up" with others to drive/ride/fly down to WDW!

Over to you...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wdw_map.jpg (264.3 KB, 10 views)

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 18-Feb-2014, 15:14
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Top Man! Ant.

Good idea having a separate thread.

I'm sailing out using DFDS ferries from North Shields to Amsterdam - 10% off their ferries until end of Feb!

If I have my bearings right, Ant's map shows the marina, (just above the bold Cattolica text) which is where the first night beach party was in 2012.

So yes, its all quite close together.
Old 18-Feb-2014, 17:23
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Yes, that's right Frank. I think we walked to the beach party - can't remember to be honest, as I may have had a small sherry by that point - but I know that it really wasn't that far from the hotel to the circuit and lots of people were walking in/out on the road there!

So not having your bike out there certainly doesn't stop you from going.

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 01-Mar-2014, 22:50
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
Hi Antonye
I would like to no more, I quite fancy riding down.
Mark
Old 23-Mar-2014, 11:28
DSC Club Member

Mood: Waiting for summer
When will WDW 2014 tickets be available

The WDW tickets go on sale tomortrow at Ducati. Will they be available to DSC members at discounted rates here?

Live each day as if it's your last - one day you will surely be right
Old 23-Mar-2014, 21:09
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916Neil
The WDW tickets go on sale tomortrow at Ducati. Will they be available to DSC members at discounted rates here?

You missed the post from Friday

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...d.php?p=861234

Old 06-Apr-2014, 22:43
Mille
Bikes: Ducati MS1200 & 916 track bike

Hoping to ride down again this year; hopefully with the girlf if she can find a suitable Hyperstrada in time. With a bit of luck I won't find myself flying back having been knocked off my bike this time :-$

Thanks for the links for DOC tickets and hotels. I'll probably break the trip up with 2 night stops this time - especially if we are going to be stopping every 5 mins to fill up the HS!
Old 07-Apr-2014, 00:31
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy748
I'll probably break the trip up with 2 night stops this time - especially if we are going to be stopping every 5 mins to fill up the HS!

Well, I rode down with a Panigale S in 2012 and had to stop every 100miles and this year a Gent from my neck of the woods is riding with us on his 999!

So: Anything is Possible
Old 11-Apr-2014, 13:10
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Thumbs up

All,

I've just received details from Ducati for bookings for Club members, which includes the Factory Tours, Museum Visits, WDW Tours, details on Track Session booking and all the pricing information.

I will post these details up later today and we can start booking tickets straight away. There is the option to have the tickets delivered to your home address (previously it was collection at WDW only which was a real pain!) which I would recommend but this does incur a small delivery fee.

Note that the discounted tickets can ONLY be purchased by the Club for fully paid-up members, and that you have to be registered on the Ducati.com website as being a member of the DSC. If you are not a fully paid-up but you are going to WDW, it is worth joining the Club anyway as it is cheaper to join and buy a ticket than it is to buy the full price ticket!

Membership details can be found on the Membership page.

For all those that have already requested tickets, I will drop you a PM to point you at the booking info when I post it up - so you can choose your optional factory/museum visits and tours - and we'll then book your tickets.

Old 24-Apr-2014, 20:45
Bikes: 996R and 1199R

Hi Antonye,

Any news on those tickets yet?

Cheers Pete