Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Oct-2006, 10:54
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksyracing
Nah.... i was always the top poster on DSC.... i had almost double the post count of any other member over last 3 years

Goes to show there has been some improvements of late despite the recent bickering
Old 12-Oct-2006, 10:55
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
alot goes on " behind " the scenes that casual viewers of the dd forum may not be aware off..............this i think is the reason behind the latest MT move......

i just worry this is going to go on and on...already lily,jpm are posting there dismay on a subject they dont have all the facts on..!!...now will they want the facts ...it goes on and on.....

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh *

I'm neutral in all this.............i just want it all to go away..we are approaching 2007 ..cant we wipe the slate clean and move on ALL of us...and focus on the good and get ready for DD 2007.?

Phil
Old 12-Oct-2006, 11:01
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
phil,

one question; would you be happy to go into DD07 wth the current RC?
Old 12-Oct-2006, 11:13
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Nah.... i was always the top poster on DSC.... i had almost double the post count of any other member over last 3 years

Obviously after taking into account the wise words of wisdom...........most of it was ....****!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 11:18
everton

Angry

I don't like this move, I don't like censorship of speech and opinion and I don't like some of the breath taking arrogance I see on this board.

The factions being created, egos being promoted and massaged, agendas being touted and vilified are ALL down to a few individuals whose primary consideration is DD and not the DSC.

Let's move the DD stuff to the DD board which Domski set up - that will solve Weeksy's (slightly edited) point – ‘i urge them to remove Dom from the DSC Board, that would sort 99% of the clubs' problem within 5 seconds’

It will take away a lot of the bickering that is mainly DD orientated.

Also those that have joined the DSC for DD and clearly don’t give a **** about the DSC can continue to whine away on that board

As for breathtaking arrogance;

‘lauging stock? i dont think so just beacause one person calls the DSC a laughing stock counts for nothing’.

It may not to you laddie but it counts a lot to me – especially when other people are in earshot and join in the conversation – why should I or any of us have to go on the defensive about the club – and, believe me, this wasn’t an isolated incident. While you are polishing your exhaust pipes some of us are still trying to get new members into the club.

Whele and I discussed running a DD team next year, I’ve been thinking about doing a bit of sponsorship – I saw Tim’s thread last night and thought I could help – guess what I have decided to do – you’re right nothing!

Let’s move DD to Domski’s board other than race reports and the schedule and get a link set up for dialogue from the main DSC board – I don’t want any of my subscription money being used to fund anything in DD please.

Finally please remove any moderation of anyone’s posting on this board. If the thread or post is DD related have it redirected to Domski or Domski’s board so they can continue their fights outside. I like the décor in here and I’d like it to stay undamaged please!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 11:22
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieducati
phil,

one question; would you be happy to go into DD07 wth the current RC?

yes..................IF they take on board some of what the majority of riders are saying and they appear to be doing just that..........

I dont care who runs it...as long as the agenda's are removed and the rules / regs suit the majoroty of the DD...........

im sure as a collective we can organise presentations/press pack etc to be arranged for 2007......maybe WE have to do it......

but YES i am happy to race in 2007 under the present RC if i choose to race in 2007
Old 12-Oct-2006, 11:31
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by everton[COLOR=black
Let's move the DD stuff to the DD board which Domski set up -

It will take away a lot of the bickering that is mainly DD orientated.

Also those that have joined the DSC for DD and clearly don’t give a **** about the DSC can continue to whine away on that board

As for breathtaking arrogance;

‘lauging stock? i dont think so just beacause one person calls the DSC a laughing stock counts for nothing’.

It may not to you laddie but it counts a lot to me – especially when other people are in earshot and join in the conversation – why should I or any of us have to go on the defensive about the club – and, believe me, this wasn’t an isolated incident. While you are polishing your exhaust pipes some of us are still trying to get new members into the club.

Whele and I discussed running a DD team next year, I’ve been thinking about doing a bit of sponsorship – I saw Tim’s thread last night and thought I could help – guess what I have decided to do – you’re right nothing!

Let’s move DD to Domski’s board other than race reports and the schedule and get a link set up for dialogue from the main DSC board – I don’t want any of my subscription money being used to fund anything in DD please.

[color=black]]

you seemed overjoyed when you had the option of DD or non DD in the todays post section but seem unable to use it.

breathtaking arrogance? hardly, was simply saying that just because one or even a few people think its is a laughing stock, there are plenty more out there who get into DSC purely because of DD.

why cant people just use the DSC for what they want? rideouts, meets, trips, dinner dances, bmf, DD etc. those that dont appeal dont get involved with. my main focus is DD at the moment, but i have done plenty of other activities and if i choose to stop doing DD i will do what other activities i fancy at the time. why cant other do the same.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:26
500SD

Dickie,

are the riders who join DD really DSC members ???

How many of the Non DSC guys who've joined the series actually join in outside of the series... LEts pick a few at Random.... and NO, i'm not getting at them, just making a point....

Couchie
Lucy
Andy Johnson
Ian Leah
Stumpy
Geoff Spencer
Dom
Kyle

OK, how many ride outs have these guys been on ? how many have helped out with Pronto Articles ? How many were at Poham Megameet, how many at BMF stand ???

Most of the Non DSC riders who join the series are not 'members' in anything other than the fact they joined here to race in the series.

So by saying "there are plenty more out there who get into DSC purely because of DD" is sort of negating the point.

If what Everton says is true, that we are losing members from potentially joining the series, then this is a bad thing... surely....

?
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:38
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieducati
you seemed overjoyed when you had the option of DD or non DD in the todays post section but seem unable to use it.

breathtaking arrogance? hardly, was simply saying that just because one or even a few people think its is a laughing stock, there are plenty more out there who get into DSC purely because of DD.

why cant people just use the DSC for what they want? rideouts, meets, trips, dinner dances, bmf, DD etc. those that dont appeal dont get involved with. my main focus is DD at the moment, but i have done plenty of other activities and if i choose to stop doing DD i will do what other activities i fancy at the time. why cant other do the same.

Well said Dickie.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:39
Big Twin

Quote:
Dickie,

If what Everton says is true, that we are losing members from potentially joining the series, then this is a bad thing... surely....

?

It isn't a matter of what if Steve...its fact...its already happening.

Its often the case regarding DD that people outside of the series feel they are not allowed to voice an opinion on things relating to it because we are not racing in it and therefore it does not directly relate to us. Of course that is true to some degree...I mean, what do I care if you have 1 or 2 grids...don't give a hoot, but I do give a **** when members of the club are talking with their feet and their wallets.

You only have to look at the response on the other thread from just a few of the silent majority whom are becoming more and more fed up with it all.

If the DD forum was set up for this very reason, why can't it be used now? It appears to me that it was tried for a while...but there is only so many arguments people can have with themselves...so it all came back on here!

If the DD posts where all on the DD forum the DSC site would be a better place at the moment.

Why can't this be done...the DD community seemed quite happy with this arrangement 9 months ago?

Last edited by Harv748 : 12-Oct-2006 at 12:45.