Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:08
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

User Moderation

Following the events of Saturday eveing at Cadwell, a number of users of this message board have been put onto 'Moderation' status. This means that any postings by those individuals has to be verified by the webteam (or other moderator) before being publically visible.

This is not a suspension of posting, merely ensuring that the facility paid for by the club members (i.e. this board) is not the mechanism used to promote and further the activities of a 'breakaway' group.

Hopefully this will be a temporary measure and a solution will be reached soon that allows all members to post freely.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:11
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
So it's not a public forum?
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:14
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
poor show, i think. why cant people be allowed to make their own minds up about options available rather than being censored?
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:18
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
"Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death."
- George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 2
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:19
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Wink

[quote=webteam]Following the events of Saturday eveing at Cadwell, a number of users of this message board have been put onto 'Moderation' status. This means that any postings by those individuals has to be verified by the webteam (or other moderator) before being publically visible.

This is not a suspension of posting, merely ensuring that the facility paid for by the club members (i.e. this board) is not the mechanism used to promote and further the activities of a 'breakaway' group.

Hopefully this will be a temporary measure and a solution will be reached soon that allows all members to post freely.[/QUOT]

Another underhanded back door approach to end democracy on the board then, I wonder who instigated this then!!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:21
Ducati Meccanica

Sorry - but I don't agree with that at all !
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:25
500SD

Yay peace at last....

i can feel the tranquility washing over me
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:40
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
WTF?? A year ago when i set upnorth up it would have been classed by some as a "beakaway" group despite my detailled explanations that it wasn't and that it was meant to compiliment DSC activities and give members more events to attend. Does this new rule now mean that anyone who tries to do anything outside of the club runs the risk of having every post they make censored??

On a seperate issue the time lag between post, moderation and publication also mean the post might even be relevant or could cause other problems.

It also seems that we are not capable of reading a users posts and making an informed decision on the posters intention, we're all adults with the ability to reason and debate when needed.

Given the current problems within the club ( perceived or real) this course of action will do little to help things. The people involved will just move to other sites frequented by a lot of users here and debate things, this then puts pressure on the site owners as to what action they take and i have no desire to have to start moderating or censoring posts on my forum, i'd think Dan at Ducatisti and Dom with DD also would say the same.

Maybe its time people thought through the consequences of their actions before carrying them out, that applies to however many "sides, MT, breakaway, evo whatever" there are involved.

I'd urge webteam to remove the moderation and those moderated to consider carefully what they post on this forum to avoid it ending up with this causing a bigger problem than it really is.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:42
DSC Club Member
500SD

I don’t think draconian censorship is going to improve matters, it smacks of desperation to stop debate and free speech. Poor decision in my opinion
Old 12-Oct-2006, 09:45
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I'd urge webteam to remove the moderation and those moderated to consider carefully what they post on this forum to avoid it ending up with this causing a bigger problem than it really is.

i urge them to remove Dom from the club/series, that would sort 99% of the clubs' problem within 5 seconds