Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Mar-2004, 22:43
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
I think the comfort seat is a standard one with a kind of gel insert.No experience of one myself but lwh is getting one fitted soon.I saw a Multistrada fitted with a Sargent seat recently and that looked great.A bit of a Corbin copy with red piping and an Italian flag on one side.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by KeefyB]

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by KeefyB]
Old 17-Mar-2004, 17:36
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Martin, looks like your conversion from sportsbikes is complete!! Of course us seasoned converts always knew it would be.

I've got Comfort seat sitting waiting to be fitted. It does seem slightly thicker and as KB says has supposedly got a gel core. I'll update you in due course. It also looks good inasmuch as it has almost a lighter grey coloured alcantara-like insert with in addition DP logo embossed on it.

I've got to say that Sargent seat that KB is referring to looks pretty cool although from what I've seen of Corbins effort on Multistrada.net web-site it looked pretty hideous. Too much like a Harley seat in style and even had a detachable back-rest.

Cheers!
Old 07-Apr-2004, 01:38
Big Twin

Well my lovely black multistrada is ready for its first service now. I really am glad I traded the 996s in for it now I have got a few miles under my belt. I do miss the 996 but realise I would not have been using it anything like I have/will the multistrada. I have to admit to missing nipping into the garage for a ciggie and just gazing at it, but they are not ornaments are they? I have even got used to the seat on th MS now and find it not too bad at all.

I suppose I will know for sure in May as I am just planning the route for our annual trip to the South of France which is usually about 3000 miles in 8 days.

The only concern I have about the MS is the ground clearance with the exhaust shield which is in a bit of a state already. I am not even really bothered about the ridiculous trip meter as I am usually in company with Gsxrs etc that will have to stop for fuel before I need to. It really needs a better front mudguard though as I am sick of the amount of time it takes to clean the bike after each run.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have something on this site where people can post their favorite foreign routes etc? At the moment our routes through France are based on roads we have already found and ones mentioned in various bike magazines. I am sure many of you have favorite stretches you would like to share?

I had login problems that I could not resolve and had to reregister so MARTIN has now become Martin H
Old 07-Apr-2004, 03:54
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Martin The section for routes seems a good idea but why not include UK ones as well
Old 07-Apr-2004, 15:00
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Martin, don't know what route/s you've taken before but I can ceratinly recommend the Route de Napolean which more or less runs from Grenoble in the French Alps down through Gap, Cisteron, Grasse etc to Nice.
Also know nice run thro Luxembourg, Besancon in NE France across and along Lake Geneva then on down to Grenoble.
I did that run a couple of years back including right along South Coast of France to Barcelona and back via Andorra. All in all took about 5/6 days hard but thoroughly enjoyable riding. Did it on my then 996. Only wish I'd had the MS then.
I can give you more details if required.
Old 08-Apr-2004, 01:00
Big Twin

Yes we done the Route Napolean a couple of times and the South coast, the road from Frejus ( 7 I think) to Cannes is a good one although I hear its known as "the hospital road" locally.

I do think its a good idea to share good routes both here and abroad. Sometimes when planning a route what looks to be a great road on a map turn out to be dull, and yet sometimes you stumble across dream roads when you are lost for example.

Over the years I have made a note of the roads used in France by some of the bike magazines when testing, and I try to include these on our trips. If the same testers are going back to the same roads year after year they must be good.

It would be useful I bet to a lot of people if everybody posted favourite routes and even routes they have planned but not ridden so others could comment on them and give maybe better alternatives. Anything from full routes to "try the section from wherever to wherever"

Where on this site would you begin this?

Just been out today and re-bought all the michelin 1-200,000 scale maps of France so I should have a new route sorted in a day or two. We are planning to go 18-26 of May starting Hull - Zeebrugge and heading to the Haut Languedec region then East to Provence and up through the Alps.

Should I dare post my route when its finished? Obviously it will be quite a screen full!