Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Dec-2005, 11:42
500SD

October 2003 . . .

Thats when I went.

We had Dean THomas, Mark Heccles & Steve Plater with us along with Enzo DiClemente and full backup via Track Tyre Development - fantastic craic - great tuition and the last day was free for all!!!

What a great week!

3 days on track, 4 nights at La Manga (5*) one rainy day (our day off) killed 3 sets of tyres - got my knee down + a video of me doing it - just excellent.

Like people have said above - very grippy and twisty, not particulary fast but great fun nonetheless.

When I went you could either stay for 2 days (on track) or three - I did the three - but half the people left after only two - so on the last day we had about 15 bikes on track.

Have to say it was one of my best biking experiences.

FANTASTIC - you will love it!

Khushy
Old 22-Dec-2005, 12:44
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Haga-prisas
Hi mate. Here in Spain the rainy season is around April (the popular saying goes "En Abril, aguas mil" or In April, alot of water). Chances are you won't get much rain in Cartagena though, as it is a fairly mild weather region.
For the future, I would keep a rule of thumb for Spanish tracks:
Hot Tracks: Almeria is in the middle of the Tabernes desert, so avoid it in the summer (July, August). You sweat a lot and your helmet reaches high temperatures and your brain literally cooks inside. The weather is pretty mild most of the year. The same applies to Jerez.
Mild weather Tracks: Cartagena and Valencia. It may rain more than Almeria and Jerez, specially on April and November. Very hot in the summer, although not so extreme.
Colder Tracks: Barcelona, Albacete and Madrid would fall in this category. You can enjoy them in May, June, July, September, October and November. Remember that Barcelona is by the sea and its temperature is a touch milder than Madrid and Albacete, but in Barcelona rains more often.
I hope this helps, and remember this is just my personal oppinion.

Have you got your Fila yet?
Old 22-Dec-2005, 18:32
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Thx Haga-prisas I will bear that in mind for the future.
Old 23-Dec-2005, 00:39
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Yep, I`m booked and I can`t wait....

Bring it on.
Old 23-Dec-2005, 01:17

Hi Ducnow,
I'm afraid I'm still looking for a clean Fila. I did try a U2U with Mike Stanley in this site but no response. I found a couple in Germany, but would u buy a machine in a country with no speed limits?. Jokes aside, the german language is a barrier, I guess.
I did find some 2003 models, but I want to focus only on the 2004 with the new swingarm.... patience does it, and we have a long winter to shop around.
Cheers and merry x-mast
Old 23-Dec-2005, 13:25
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Haga-prisas
Hi Ducnow,
I'm afraid I'm still looking for a clean Fila. I did try a U2U with Mike Stanley in this site but no response. I found a couple in Germany, but would u buy a machine in a country with no speed limits?. Jokes aside, the german language is a barrier, I guess.
I did find some 2003 models, but I want to focus only on the 2004 with the new swingarm.... patience does it, and we have a long winter to shop around.
Cheers and merry x-mast

I know where is one and thought of you, but it's in the Philipines

Anyway, you have u2u
Old 23-Dec-2005, 14:15
500SD

try this . . .

www.mobile.de

I have bought several cars from this site!

They also list loads of Motorcycles.

Khushy

[Edited on 23-12-2005 by khushy]
Old 24-Dec-2005, 11:33

Thanks Khushy
I'll take a look there.

Philiphines !!! too long of a ride from there I guess my lower back won't stand such a trip