Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Jan-2006, 11:00
Ducati Dealer
Mille
Bikes: 1098R Track Bike

Mood: Dealer of the Year 2008
Quote:
Problems: apparently, the bike had an engine failure and the ducati dealer has changed the pistons, cilinders and the cramshaft under warranty.

Erm, what's a cramshaft?

Was it the crank or the cam? This would give some insight into what damaged it!

Berto's not quite right here, if it's been a race bike and the German subsidiary know it's been a race bike (very possible), Ducati MH WILL NOT honour any warranty on the machine, check your service books, explanations in there in black and white. Be very careful here, this could be extremely thin ice!!!

Also the third year warranty can only be sold by the dealer to a punter who is buying the bike from the dealer. This is not an "off the peg" item. If they won't honour the first 2 years the third isn't gonna happen.

Even if they don't know it was a race bike now and if at any time they find out it has been, they will cease further claims.

You need to find out more history here, the money may be worth it though,good luck!

Martin
Old 14-Jan-2006, 11:01
Mille

by the way carbon nice new ped you got there
Old 14-Jan-2006, 12:43
500SD

Martin is not quite right here,As the dealer has already made a claim against the warranty it would be pretty hard for them to now say the warranty is not valid on this bike.And as jesus is not going to race the bike it would be strange for the dealer to turn away cash for a warranty extension.The only way to be sure is to ask these questions to the supplying dealer cos as we all know there are good dealers and bad ones....
Old 14-Jan-2006, 18:14
Ducati Dealer
Mille
Bikes: 1098R Track Bike

Mood: Dealer of the Year 2008
Beg to differ Berto!
DMH can AT ANY TIME refuse to pay out on claims if they deem the bike has been raced, they are obviously not aware of this bikes history, if they were, they wouldn't pay out it's that simple. If they are made aware in future by whatever means, claims will not be processed (or certainly examined in fine detail beforehand). Again check your t&c in your service book.

Whether they have paid out now or not is totally irrelevant for future claims. It's not completely up to the dealer if the claim is paid. All (especially larger) claims are approved by DMH, end of story.

All it takes is DMH to find out its history and it could maybe be a hassle IF further claims arise! Especially as it is obviously now public knowledge the bike is an ex racer!

Berto, your right about the fact there are more questions needing asked to the supplying dealer, these could all sort the issue but (going by the book) they simply shouldn't have sorted the bike in the first place!

Sorry, these are the facts!
Old 14-Jan-2006, 19:08
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Girls girls girls.......................
Old 14-Jan-2006, 19:10
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Girls girls girls.......................

You beat me to it
Old 14-Jan-2006, 19:16
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
Here we go.

Dummies on strings and teddies on velcro to make sure they don't fly out of the pram..............

Now boys remember "Bad Boys".............

Woooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaa aaaa

You have to rub your ears at the same time to make it work.....
Old 15-Jan-2006, 11:37
500SD

Jesus,see the bother you cause....Anyway just buy the R1 from me I will deliver it foc!!!
Old 15-Jan-2006, 13:52
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Quote:
Originally posted by berto....Anyway just buy the R1 from me I will deliver it foc!!!

Does it come with a set of keys ? hahahahahaha sorry rab couldnt help maself !

/ian
Old 16-Jan-2006, 01:40

Well, nice heated debate.... at least I have some good questions to ask regarding the warranty.
I just got the VIN number from the seller. Ducati Italia will be my first call Monday morning... I will let you guys know.