Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 23-Apr-2005, 18:57
Ducati Corse

Toseland doesn\'t make Superpole at Valencia

Originally posted on Crash.net

Topping the time sheets for the third round in a row is Championship leader Troy Corser on the Alstare Corona Suzuki he was the only rider to dip into the 1min 35secs.

His team-mate Yukio Kagayama who is usually hot on his heels came home in eighth spot.

The Winston Ten Kate Hondas were on the move this morning with Karl Muggeridge qualifying second and team mate Chris Vermeulen in fifth.

Young German rider Max Neukirchner on the Klaffi Honda who achieved a podium in Philip Island qualified third just ahead of British rider Chris Walker on his PSG-1 Kawasaki.

Frankie Chili even though he is riding with and injured shoulder and knee sustained at Philip Island he still managed a top ten position and qualified ninth.

Endurance rider David Checa came home in eleventh fresh from his win at the Le Man 24 hour endurance race last weekend.

Ben Bostrom on the Renegade Honda qualified in thirteenth which allows him into Superpole for the first time this season. The Petronas riders had mixed fortunes with Steve Martin in sixteenth place and Garry McCoy in eighteenth.

Unfortunately for World Champion James Toseland on the Xerox Ducati, he has failed to qualify for Superpole. Shocked Toseland qualified in twenty third position and with only the top sixteen riders going forward to Superpole he will not be taking part.

James has had concerns with the front forks and latest reports trackside from Valencia suggest he is not confident in the front end of the bike at the moment. In contrast Toseland's team mate Regis Laconi is in seventh position.
Old 23-Apr-2005, 19:22
Mille

Mood: ok
watched some of superpole earlier wondered where toseland was he might be job hunting soon
Old 23-Apr-2005, 19:28
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
P1 to P45 in less than a year me thinks
Old 23-Apr-2005, 20:16
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
P1 to P45 in less than a year me thinks

Laugh my socks off
Old 23-Apr-2005, 20:32
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
23rd on the grid for tomorrow. Even if you're having problems with the forks, that's a shocking position. Full factory Ducati 999 and your team mate is 3rd on the grid. Not good enough.
Old 23-Apr-2005, 22:11
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
I know were supposed to all get behind toesland and all that,
but I really don't think he has the quality to do the business this year.
The Ducatis are up against it any way this year. and I don't see him as a race winner more of a consistency man and at the mo he's not even doing that. ?
come on son sort it out
Old 23-Apr-2005, 22:45
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I know he's not a Ducati rider, but we should have a big up for the stalker, top brit... by a long way
Old 23-Apr-2005, 23:12
Big Twin

Mood: happy
always enjoy watching Walker what ever bike he is on. Now that would be great to see him on the Ducati Corse.
Old 23-Apr-2005, 23:17
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
careful....Dibble might not have seen it yet!

Old 24-Apr-2005, 19:14
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Toseland didn't get a lap in on a qualifier prior to superpole because of a technical problem which meant he had to change the front wheel. When he went back out he just missed the clock to put a decent lap in to get himself into superpole.

You have to feel sorry for him, I wonder what sort of state he is in mentally. The world champ is definitely having a testing year.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit