Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 30-Oct-2006, 15:39
888 at Last !!!

Mood: IF IN DOUBT..GET BLAGGING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz
You're gonna get a slap young Jedi.... (although I think you are actually older than me if I remember rightly ya old git).

You can slap me if you bring your monster out for a bimble down this way or if you come down for a night of classic rock..and beer.
Old 30-Oct-2006, 15:51
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
I suspect I may be down your way if there is rock and beer involved....
Old 30-Oct-2006, 16:28
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
What goes around comes around. Rossi has had several years with virtually no bad luck, and then it all came this year. Hayden on the other hand might not have been the fastest rider out there this year (or any year) but he didn't make mistakes - not one as I recall, and it's consistency that wins championships, hence Hayden is champion and Rossi isn't.

'To finish first, first you must finish' is the expression I believe

Besides - we had a Ducati one-two.... what else matters?

Martin
Old 31-Oct-2006, 08:24
Mille

hang on?....this thread is about the new replacment not being good enough to replace the long standing icon. sound familiar?

i reckon Nicky Hayden got it fair and square. at the end of the day if the bikes got problems (chatter or clutch) then it's down to other members of the team to sort it. i think Rossi is definitley the better rider but i'm glad Hayden won it because i dont think he'll have another chance on these smaller bikes.

I think Pedrosa might take it next year but of course i'm routing for Loris
Old 31-Oct-2006, 14:41
Mille

I would have loved to see Vale win more for the post race celibrtions!!!!

However with Nicky winning (which i think he fully deserves) it will make real interesting racing next year.
Old 31-Oct-2006, 18:25
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Sorry but I don't subscribe to the 'Rossi is God' school of thought either, I do however think he is the most talented rider out there currently-but thankfully there are some others coming through who will challenge him, just I don't think in a straight fight Nicky hayden is it. Danny Pedrosa will next year be more up for it-have you seen how small the 800 Honda is?-it actually makes pint sized Danny look normal. Casey Stoner is another one who will challenge IMHO, then there is Marco Mellandri, and of course not forgetting Loris-the 800's are much more to his size since he is another tiny guy, but he also has more than 16 years of GP experience. According to both Loris and Vale the 800 bikes will suit the ex 250 riders down to the ground being basically bigger more powerful 250's-it will be interesting to see how riders like Nicky cope with them since he is an (ex) Superbike rider not a GP250 rider.
I have been chatting to John Hackett today and he says the 800 Sedici revs to 20,000!!!-bring on 2007!

John

Growing old-disgracefully!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit