Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Sep-2005, 15:51
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
IMHO the bikes are so basic ( unless u got ohlins lol ) that you just have to get on them and ride the bloody thing as hard as you can........

Some are more basic than others but I agree with what you're saying. When I got the Monster it had a 60 profile front which I ran for a month just getting used to the bike, When I got Wraysbury Tyres to fit the Diablo's I asked for the 70 profile as I've felt what a difference it's made on other bikes. It's surprising how many bikes were/are fitted from new with 60's. Bike feels much easier to push down into corners and much more solid/stable when it's there, even with all the extra ride height I've got at the back.
I've run the same set of Diablo's at 29PSi Fr/ 30PSi Rr since getting set for Castle Combe, including 1000 road miles setting the bike up, several races and track days since. Apart from the molten edges that develop at the end of each race they still look good for a few thou road miles. I can't emphasise how brilliant these tyres are, they even stick to your fingers when you're polishing them after a wash
Old 21-Sep-2005, 15:57
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
IMHO the bikes are so basic ( unless u got ohlins lol ) that you just have to get on them and ride the bloody thing as hard as you can........

Some are more basic than others but I agree with what you're saying. When I got the Monster it had a 60 profile front which I ran for a month just getting used to the bike, When I got Wraysbury Tyres to fit the Diablo's I asked for the 70 profile as I've felt what a difference it's made on other bikes. It's surprising how many bikes were/are fitted from new with 60's. Bike feels much easier to push down into corners and much more solid/stable when it's there, even with all the extra ride height I've got at the back.
I've run the same set of Diablo's at 29PSi Fr/ 30PSi Rr since getting set for Castle Combe, including 1000 road miles setting the bike up, several races and track days since. Apart from the molten edges that develop at the end of each race they still look good for a few thou road miles. I can't emphasise how brilliant these tyres are, they even stick to your fingers when you're polishing them after a wash

Could not agree more...the DIABLOS have been brilliant..im on my second set but i have done SOT races and at least 6 track days.........i reckon next year at a push i will get away with 1 new set and the part worns from this season......

1 word Pirelli Diablos " AWESOME "...........................

Old 21-Sep-2005, 18:12
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
theres also a 65 profile,just to throw another curved ball.
Butch
Old 21-Sep-2005, 19:12
Mille

when you do check and adjust them you should be running about 10 psi front and rear for optimum performance. [/quote]

R-E-A-L-L-Y !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip....what with TP's "inside-info" on the 40-tooth rear sprocket I'll be flying next time!!

Andy #99

Old 21-Sep-2005, 19:17
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by butch890
theres also a 65 profile,just to throw another curved ball.
Butch

Oh, gawd...don't tell 'em....there'll be an ENTIRE new 56-post thread about that tomorrow!!!!!!

Andy #99

Old 21-Sep-2005, 19:41
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
I am off the edge of the front tyre with about 5mm left on th back that just seems to be unuseable. The front end does move a lot in corners so maybe I'll put a 70 on for the trackday at Brands on the 5th and see how I feel about Cadwell. Thanks for all the feedback.

Mike