Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 20-Mar-2006, 17:59
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Pembrey Results..

In short - Very disappointing!

Should have gone off of 3rd on grid for first race on Saturday, as I pulled out to go to holding area noticed stitching had come undone on my gloves, two fingers flapping in the breeze (obviously damaged from my spill at the practice weekend but not noticed) so ran into caravan for spare pair only to get to holding area to be informed that I would have to start at the back of the grid (35th) with no warm up lap.

Usual traffic etc. but finished 8th.

Second race, running in 8th about six laps in and accellerated out of the second hairpin towards woodlands and the bike cut out - no problems with the bike, just underestimated the amount of fuel needed and ran out - o.k I know thats a bit fundamental but that is another lesson learned and I was gutted. No points from day one.

Sunday, first race got a great start and was running in second following Andy Peck (last years champion) who got on the gas just a little bit early coming out of Dibeni 1 and had a big highside right in front of me, fortunately didn't hit him, rolled off just slightly and Mark Compton came underneath me as we entered the second part of the left, then followed him round until the red flags came out two corners later.

Sat on the grid for 15 minutes while the Ambulance looked after Andy who had knocked himself unconcious and was taken to hospital with a suspected broken collar bone, I've since heard from him and he's fine thankfully with nothing broken just very bruised and sore - very, very lucky.

Race was restarted by which time tyres were stone cold, we had two warm up laps and a five lap dash, on the second warm up lap the front tried to tuck and felt like I was riding on marbles. After my crash at the test weekend on this left hander this did not boost my confidence.

Rode around the lefts very cautiously and lost about six places on the same corner within two laps, just didn't feel comfortable pushing any harder. Result finished 13th.

Race two: starting from the left of the fourth row didn't get the best of starts and never really settled into a rhythym, felt that I was rushing into the corners and it just didn't flow, only managed 1.04, back in September last year I was knocking on the door of 1.01's consistently and felt far more relaxed.

So not the best of starts to the season and that little lot puts me in 12th place in the championship standings after two rounds a long way behind Mark Compton who was on the pace straight out of the traps and bagged a well deserved 50 points for his efforts.

Next round is at Donnington on the 22nd of April, had a 2nd there last year so hopefully, I can get myself sorted out for then and with some confidence inspiring conditions get back on track!
Old 20-Mar-2006, 18:13
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
By the sounds of it, this wasn't your best weekend. At least, you've got the crap weekend out of the way and it can only get better. Best of luck for Donny.
Old 20-Mar-2006, 18:25
Mille

Cheers Felix,

What are you up to this year?
Old 20-Mar-2006, 18:33
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Sounds just like the start of last year for me, catalogue of disasters! better luck next round.

done the fuel thing myself. REALLY annoying but just cant be helped sometimes.

good luck, thinking of doing an NG round myself, LOVE pembrey and new era only go there once.
Old 21-Mar-2006, 01:04
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Bad luck Garry, it can only get better. You know you have the pace, so it's only a matter of time before you'll be collecting the trophies. Hopefully getting away from Pembrey will be just what you need. Get yer head down at Donny.

...off to check the results now. I forgot this meeting was on
Old 21-Mar-2006, 01:17
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Hope you get your confidence sorted Garry especially at Pembrey as there are still 4 more rounds to be held there. Hopefully a nice sunny day at Donington with warm and sticky tarmac will do the job.
I must try and pop down and see Andy to see how he is, hopefully you have both had your bad luck for the season and things can get better from here.
Old 21-Mar-2006, 01:42
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Shame about Pembrey - good luck for Donny and the rest of the season.

Tim
Old 21-Mar-2006, 10:05
Mille

Thanks for the replies.

Looking forward to Donnington. It's April 22nd which is a Saturday, once again anyone in the area who fancies coming along come and say hello.

Cheers,
Old 21-Mar-2006, 10:18
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Damn fella a weekend of distasters for you.... next time you're out lets hope it gets 100% better.

Good luck, nice write up.
Old 21-Mar-2006, 11:34
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
unlucky Garry, plenty of time to go yet though. The bikes running well, you're fit and ready to go to Donny, so all to look forward to.

Nice times at Pembrey, even if off your best, but has to be said the track temp now to sept is very different and clearly had an effect. Was anyone else putting in times below their best?

Good luck at Donny

WeeJohnyB

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit